Cozumel

melcruiser43

May 29th will be our first cruise ever. Hubby and I will be taking our 12 year old stepson. We are not wanting to book any excursions right now since we think due to our inexperience, spur of the moment might be better. We were thinking of going to one of the beaches and hanging out for the day. However, my concern is to make sure there are plenty of activities for my 12 year old stepson. He is at the age of needing to be entertained and boredom comes easily if you know what I mean. I have read the actual website explaining the activities but would love advice/suggestions from you experienced cruisers. Any help is much appreciated.

Melanie

Try the Cozumel board under the Ports of Call section for lots of good info. The link below should take you there. I know lots of people like Paradise Beach in Cozumel for families. It's real easy to grab a cab when you get off of the ship in Cozumel. Just tell them where you want to go and they can give you a price.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheryl

Took 6 teenagers to Paradise Beach in Cozumel and they loved it.... water trampoline, climbing iceberg, kayaks, water floats, climbing wall, snorkel gear..... tons to do and I believe the wristbands are around $9 pp..... cab rides were very reasonable..... fresh water clean shower room..... bar and restaurant.... beautiful beach....

• 2 weeks later...
Took 6 teenagers to Paradise Beach in Cozumel and they loved it.... water trampoline, climbing iceberg, kayaks, water floats, climbing wall, snorkel gear..... tons to do and I believe the wristbands are around $9 pp..... cab rides were very reasonable..... fresh water clean shower room..... bar and restaurant.... beautiful beach....

Too many choices! That sounds like my twins would really enjoy that. So now I am torn between Paradise Beach and the ATV adventure....:confused:

I second Paradise Beach :) We had a great time at PB, the activities were fun, the food and drink were great and the staff was very friendly and made our stay a great one. We can't wait to go back in October :)

We are cruising our first cruise on the liberty leaving Miami on 10/25/08. So far have found no one going on that date. When is your cruise?

We are cruising our first cruise on the liberty leaving Miami on 10/25/08. So far have found no one going on that date. When is your cruise?

I wasn't sure if you knew about the roll calls and went to check for your roll call and I did see your post but you have it titled "Still no one". I would suggest, if you'd like, to rename it and put the cruise date on that title of the post so that maybe you'll get more people adding themselves to the roll call.

We took our 1st cruise March 30, 2008 and the roll call was extremely helpful. That is why I hope you can get many people on your roll call cause it is really helpful and you get to "meet" some great people.

I would book the excursions now. If there's something you really want to do, you don't want it to get filled.

Cozumel is a great place for diving. It's the diving that made Cozumel an attraction in the first place...then later the ships came.

Archived