I am SO bummed! I'm supposed to be in Hawaii right now

80sGurl

Tina, We were in Alaska on the Pearl last July and had a fabulous time. The weather was great!!! Go for it, You will love it. Good luck with the booking. I can't tell you how much I admire you and your attitude with all you've been through!!!

Now dump that stupid Carnival SeaMiles card and go with the Norwegain Mastercard. Do you realize for the $88,000 spent on that card, how much more you would have saved on your cruise with the NCL card. $88,000 would give you $2,500 off on a cruise. But you can only earn $1,000 per year; equals max of $30,000 per year charged to the card.

That definately sounds good... right now I'm using my Costco American Express a lot for the cash back feature. 3% back on gas and dining, 2% back on travel and 1% back on everything else. Maybe I'll look into that Norwegian card. I'm curious if you can only book Norwegian cruises on it?

Tina

Now dump that stupid Carnival SeaMiles card and go with the Norwegain Mastercard. Do you realize for the $88,000 spent on that card, how much more you would have saved on your cruise with the NCL card. $88,000 would give you $2,500 off on a cruise. But you can only earn $1,000 per year; equals max of $30,000 per year charged to the card.

That definately sounds good... right now I'm using my Costco American Express a lot for the cash back feature. 3% back on gas and dining, 2% back on travel and 1% back on everything else. Maybe I'll look into that Norwegian card. I'm curious if you can only book Norwegian cruises on it?

Tina

The NCL card gives 4% on all NCL charges. That would give you effectively 24% off on the Pearl :) 3% on ALL other purchases. Yes you need to get up to 500 points to get a $500 voucher that is good as cash. Nice vacation savings plan.

That sounds really good. What exactly do you mean though by 500 points to get a $500 voucher. How much do you have to spend to get 1 point? I guess I could always look this up online too? LOL!

Tina

The NCL card gives 4% on all NCL charges. That would give you effectively 24% off on the Pearl :) 3% on ALL other purchases. Yes you need to get up to 500 points to get a $500 voucher that is good as cash. Nice vacation savings plan.

I found this online

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAAH6C&mc=A0000028IT

I really should just dump the Carnival Sea Miles credit card. This Norwegian card is definately better. I also noticed that the rates are bumped up higher on the Carnival Sea Miles site and the amount of time it takes to get any kind of discount borders on ridiculous.

That sounds really good. What exactly do you mean though by 500 points to get a $500 voucher. How much do you have to spend to get 1 point? I guess I could always look this up online too? LOL!

Tina

$100 = 3 or 4 points.

Thes companies make me so cross - of course someone knew it was all going wrong - why the heck cant they be honest enough to put their hands up and sort the mess instead of ruining a lot of peoples holidays and jobs - they are bang out of order and it is unforgivable. You can be sure theat the big guys in these companies took what was due to them before going insolvent !

Archived