glasses with mask

old hippy

Siliconed to the outside of the mask lenses. Worked great for many years, looked goofy though.

I used boat window sealing silicone to attach just the sides of the lenses to the outside of the mask--so that water would wash thru and NO FOG.

I now use "drugstore glasses" type lenses for my mask that

have correction built in. Tabata masks is 1 brand that have such and is what I use. Dive shops may have them in your area.......

Walmart sells thin, stick-on reading lenses designed for turning sunglasses into reading glasses. Follow the directions, placing them on the inside of your mask. Just be careful when you rinse or rub defog not to dislodge them.

is not all that expensive. Rather than buying a regular mask trying to patch something together, for a couple of bucks more you can have a perscription mask. Take a look at http://www.snorkel-mart.com/

This is where my wife & I bought ours & they are great! I couldn't believe the improvement & enjoyment of snorkelling with this mask.

Hope this helps.

At 1.0, you will actually probably be able to see fine underwater, as everything is somewhat magnified anyway (I know, it's really not, but for the sake of argument...). If you haven't yet, try a mask in the water and see what happens. If you still have trouble, there are some great suggestions above.

Dale

PADI OWSI

I had an old pair of glasses that just fit into my snorkel mask. I took off the arms, and put a piece of tape in the middle across the bridge of the glasses.

Worked fine with minimal fogging when I rinsed them in the water before donning.

I am blind as a bat without my glasses and this worked fine for me, although I am considering a prescription mask.

Archived