pvp v's Ta's

MrsO

ok I am confused once again:confused: . Everything that I have read on here says that if you go with a Ta v's a Pvp you will usually get a better deal or at least some perks with your cruise. I have called several travel agencies in my town and every one of their quotes are sooooooooo much higher. So my question is, are the TA's that you see on different sites different then the ones in your local area? thanks,Mrs O:o

My personal preferrence is a PVP, I happen to have a great one, wouldn't book with anyone else. I feel I have received excellent service and pricing from by PVP. She cruises alot herself, so she is very knowedgable about the ship, cruise, etc I am interested in.

If the price drops after you book your cruise, they will normally honor it. I have found it pays to do some research for discounts, military, past guest, this last cruise I found a great WA state resident discount.

Good luck!

I too found the local Ta's to be much higher than the online Ta's. I do all of my own research on the cruises I'm interested in and book with an online agency. I prefer to use the agencies the compete for my business. Since we aren't allowed to mention specific agencies on here a simple google search for cruise competing agencies should help.

I use both. I book all my cruises with my PVP. She makes sure my booking is correct and all my preferences are the way I want them. Then right before final payment I switch to my TA. She transfers the booking to her agency and knocks some $$ off the total. I found her through that website that you put in your cruise info and TA's compete for your business just like crazed.

PVP does most of the work and get credit for the sale. TA does a little work and makes a little commision. I get a good deal and a happy family :)

I know we cannot mention names on here but i found a thousand different TA's online,how in the world do I know which ones are actually legit? If anybody can send me an email or something off here giving me some info I would appreciate it!!! Thanks;)

One advantage of a PVP is you can ring up CCL most any time with any questions about your cruise. (If you don't mind talking to a different PVP every time.) And if you don't like their answer, ask to talk to their supervisor. Try getting in touch with your TA on a Sunday afternoon, or any evening, and you'll see what I mean. (Unless you have a SuperTA.);)

Archived