Cruise attire - What I saw

ROLFL!!! Shadow, you should start a new post on nasty habits in the dining room. I bet there is all kinds of fun things to bring up.... like breastfeeding, nail picking with knives, combing your hair, applying makeup, talking on the cell... ha!! It would never end....

and some not so fun.:eek: I'm a woman but still feel uncomfortable when I see someone is breastfeeding in a dining room. I always fed my kids before leaving home feeling it was more comforting to them when I could give them more attention and care. OH-OH!! :eek: Did I say more care, here goes another slamming. lol As far as applying make-up I hear the 2 second rule applies in the dining room. After all we're at sea with no restroom facilities right?? But I'm guilty, as I do apply gloss quickly after every meal, no mirror and 1 second application but never dab at it with the napkin. Don't get me wrong I'm far from perfect, I've even been know to slip off my heels under the table.

While we are on the subject of manners in the dining room can I add another. When I see people blow their noses into the cloth table napkin, it really turns my stomach. Gives new meaning to "you can dress them up but you can't take them anywhere". If you are guilty of this please think about it. Cloth napkins are not disposable, someone will be using them again!! That thing in your pocket is removable, use it. Once heard it discused on a radio talk show, thought no way. Now I've seen it too many times.
They aren't disposable, but they are washable. If that turns your stomach, I suggest you not think about what may have happened on the non-disposable (but washable) sheets on your bed.

They aren't disposable, but they are washable. If that turns your stomach, I suggest you not think about what may have happened on the non-disposable (but washable) sheets on your bed.

:eek: Nope, not gonna do it, u can't make me think of those things.....LOL

now im really stuck , ive borght a long evening gown for my first cruise to try to blend in , and now im worried told if i wear it im going to stick out ? its a mine field knowing what to wear !!!

Wear your long evening gown and enjoy it! I enjoy dressing up on cruises as we do not do it often at home - I don't care what everyone else is wearing. I really do not think you will stick out at all. We were on the Jewel in March on an 8 day sailing during spring break. On formal nights my husband rented a tux onboard and there were many men in tuxes. More than I thought would be. And long dresses versus short dresses - about 1/2 and 1/2 I would say. On a short Majesty cruise last Nov. I also wore a long dress and there were many women wearing them also.

We kind of enjoy dressing up on formal nights - (the boys (10 &11)in their suits etc) but we wouldnt take offence if our table companions were not wearing similar attire (within reason - not like the gastly photos i've just seen on this forum!!)- it's their holiday too, live and let live!!

and some not so fun.:eek: I'm a woman but still feel uncomfortable when I see someone is breastfeeding in a dining room. I always fed my kids before leaving home feeling it was more comforting to them when I could give them more attention and care. OH-OH!! :eek: Did I say more care, here goes another slamming. lol As far as applying make-up I hear the 2 second rule applies in the dining room. After all we're at sea with no restroom facilities right?? But I'm guilty, as I do apply gloss quickly after every meal, no mirror and 1 second application but never dab at it with the napkin. Don't get me wrong I'm far from perfect, I've even been know to slip off my heels under the table.

Me??? guilty too... I have been known to apply gloss in the rearview... (slam away folks!) I would cruise with you anytime Tiger!!!! Ha ha!!! You crack me up...

Me??? guilty too... I have been known to apply gloss in the rearview... (slam away folks!) I would cruise with you anytime Tiger!!!! Ha ha!!! You crack me up...

Maybe we could get a group together with us misfits and have the time of our lives. :D

just had to reply, puts me one post ahead of you. Ha- Ha

Sorry, read it wrong, 20 looks like 200 at the end of the day.

I've heard she wears hats to the dining room. I don't think it would work out . . . .

They're not disposable!!!! Good thing I don't wipe my mouth on the sheets. Although somehow now that's not so comforting. Thanks to you, Mark.

PS And how do you know something might have just happened on my sheets?? What about yours? lol this is really getting hilarious but lets not get an X rating. Ha-Ha

Yup, that's DarkJedi, and his wife-swapping wife! They cruise to get threesomes. She got kicked out of the dining room for wearing the second number, and they were very upset. She made it herself - out of metal.:eek: They were also horrifed when Carnival eliminated the topless deck.

Oh, the things you learn on the Carnival boards!:D

I have to tell you guys their next cruise coming up is 2/22/2009 on Costa Cruise Line...I sure would want to check out to see if "Swingers" are sailing on any cruise I go on...they are usually a group of about 400 ppl and take up an entire deck from what I hear.

We were laughing so hard on our Carnival thread that I couldn't even talk straight...however I heard about this couple on another forum not Canival. Annnnnd Kudos to the dining staff that made her leave the DR...it is discusting...one of the men on our Carnival thread commented that the picture as terriable because the gentleman didn't have on a tie or at least you couldn't see it...:rolleyes:. What were they thinking????

Archived