Tranport from the Mobile Airport to the pier?

DiveCruiser

We just returned from a HOLIDAY cruise and found the trip from the airport to downtown (which is where the ship docks) to be very expensive. Depending on your ETA, taxis run about $30 - $40 and the hotel shuttles run $18 pp. If I were you, I'd check out Enterprise car rental to see if that wouldn't be a better deal. But Mobile needs to get a better grip of their ground transportation. Right now, you are pretty much held hostage by the cab companies and the price doesn't reflect the small town nature of Mobile.

We just returned from a HOLIDAY cruise and found the trip from the airport to downtown (which is where the ship docks) to be very expensive. Depending on your ETA, taxis run about $30 - $40 and the hotel shuttles run $18 pp. If I were you, I'd check out Enterprise car rental to see if that wouldn't be a better deal. But Mobile needs to get a better grip of their ground transportation. Right now, you are pretty much held hostage by the cab companies and the price doesn't reflect the small town nature of Mobile.

While I do understand your frustration with the ground transport options here, you have to understand that one of the main reasons that Mobile was chosen as a cruise port is because of its accessibility to major thoroughfares so it is a very convenient location for those living in the Southeast to DRIVE to for a cruise. I would assume that as more people fly into Mobile, more transportation options will become available but right now the demand is not there. :)

While I do understand your frustration with the ground transport options here, you have to understand that one of the main reasons that Mobile was chosen as a cruise port is because of its accessibility to major thoroughfares so it is a very convenient location for those living in the Southeast to DRIVE to for a cruise. I would assume that as more people fly into Mobile, more transportation options will become available but right now the demand is not there. :)

With airlines dropping like flies, it seems that Carnival was once again ahead of the curve by positioning ships in easy driving distance of the masses. Mobile has NEVER been known for it's great air service. And with Airport Blvd what it is, it seems the city is hell bent on keeping you trapped at the airport, or keeping you from getting there. I think the Mobile airport slogan is "you can't get there from here".

With airlines dropping like flies, it seems that Carnival was once again ahead of the curve by positioning ships in easy driving distance of the masses. Mobile has NEVER been known for it's great air service. And with Airport Blvd what it is, it seems the city is hell bent on keeping you trapped at the airport, or keeping you from getting there. I think the Mobile airport slogan is "you can't get there from here".

Amen to that. I'd sure like to meet the genius who designed Airport Boulevard and kick him in his patootie...or worse yet, make him drive it every day. Fortunately for me, I live on the Eastern Shore and work downtown so I manage to avoid that god forsaken road very easily.

Archived