Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Question

Orcrone

I bid $55 (plus service fees) for a 2* Ft. Lauderdale Airport location, hoping to get either the LaQuinta or the Springhill suites. Was upgraded to 3* Sheraton. Not sure if that is good. All have shuttle from airport. However, the other two have shuttle to cruiseport and complementary breakfast, but not the Sheraton. A couple of questions.

For anyone who has stayed here, how is this hotel?

I requested two double beds. They said that they put the request in, but it's too early to tell if it'll be honored. Any experience with more than two to a room here?

How much is a cab to the cruiseport?

If we're without a car, is there anything else around the hotel, i.e. a place for breakfast?

Thanks,

Marc

I just booked the Sheraton for January ($58) and although I've never stayed there,I think I can answer your questions based on answers I received to a thread I posted yesterday.

You are right,a shuttle from the airport to the property but none to the ship terminal.I was told it is around a $15 cab ride.

I was told it is very nice (should be for a 3*),with a nice swimming pool.However,it is remotely located so unless you want to eat on the property,you'll have to take a cab to shopping/restaurants.

I too was kind of bummed about the lack of the cruiseship shuttle but with Priceline,you can't back out after you purchase.I won't lose any sleep over it though because we can go to the terminal now as we please without waiting for a shuttle.

Have a great cruise!

I have posted about this hotel before, but my old posts are probably "lost" since the recent Cruise Critic overhaul. We booked the Sheraton FLL through Priceline last year, and found the hotel to be fine (clean, fairly modern, friendly staff, etc). The hotel is in a fairly remote location, but the Islamorada Fish Company is within walking distance, and I enjoyed an excellent dinner there. If you're a fisherman, you'll probably also enjoy Bass Pro Shops next door to the restaurant, and the International Game Fishing Hall of Fame Museum nearby. (All three of these places are visible from the rear windows of the Sheraton).

Enjoy your stay!fing39.gif

Thanks everyone. Dinner is not much of a concern. Our flight out of Norfolk is at 7:45 and we don't get in until 10:00. So it'll be close to 11 by the time we get to the hotel. We'll probably just eat dinner before flying out and take a snack with us in case a bag of pretzels on the plane doesn't do it.

From what I understand the Sheraton has a good, but expensive, buffet breakfast ($13.00 per person?). None of us are big breakfast eaters, and I sure don't feel like spending $60 on breakfast, several hours before boarding a cruise ship. So I was hoping there was an inexpensive place to get a lite breakfast.

How far is the downtown area where the water taxi is,in case we want to go there for dinner?

Is there a coffee shop?

I'm guessing 3 miles, or about 5-10 minute cab ride. I don't think it took us any longer than 10 minutes to ride to the ship in the morning. The Sheraton will arrange your transportation to the ship or call a cab for you. Their Transfer Service is with a local company, sorry but I don't remember the exact price. (I don't believe it was anything outrageous though).

I remember drinking Starbucks coffee there, but can't recall if it was a regular Starbucks Shop or perhaps merely Starbucks Coffee prepared by the Hotel.

Here's the url for the Sheraton FLL: http://www.sheratonfortlauderdaleairport.com/

Thanks for your help.

Don't care what kind of coffee,so long as it's available easily!

Maybe we will go to Las Olas in the evening,and it sounds like its not that far,so cab shouldn't be outrageous.

Archived