hand luggage

sannibop

well folks, the time has finally arrived, I am packing my cases for my first cruise,oceana on friday whoop whoop, I would just like to ask as before someone on the board has always helped me out by answering my questions, so I think this should be last one, it's hand luggage, I have put our formal /semi clothes in suit carriers, can we just check them in with our cases and put the labels on them or do we have to take them as hand luggage we don't want to carry it about all day until it's to board,

thanks in advance:)

HI sannibop

We used to carry the suit containers on board as hand luggage. They are a bit of a pain to carry about believe me. What we do now is fold them in half and pack them in an extra suitcase and send it on board. Lots less hassle. The less you have to carry the better. It is quite a walk through the boarding tunnel. Thats my advice for what it is worth. Have a great cruise, we have been on Oceana twice and she is a lovely ship.

regards

cabinboy

well folks, the time has finally arrived, I am packing my cases for my first cruise,oceana on friday whoop whoop, I would just like to ask as before someone on the board has always helped me out by answering my questions, so I think this should be last one, it's hand luggage, I have put our formal /semi clothes in suit carriers, can we just check them in with our cases and put the labels on them or do we have to take them as hand luggage we don't want to carry it about all day until it's to board,

thanks in advance:)

We used to put the suit hanger in with the luggage but they do not seem keen now. I think we shall buy a suite carrier on wheels which is actually a piece of luggage in itself.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hello Sannibop - good idea from someone re putting the carriers in a case.As no limit on amount of luggage.

Not sure what the score is with embarkation on Oceana now.

Last year we were more or less straight onboard at Soton for Oriana, they had changed the process to compete/catch up with RCC and Princess which do embarkation at Soton very well. If so then you can get a cup of tea or drink and have time to wander around and get a bit settled.

Make sure you are on deck for sailaway as it seems to happen quite quickly and shame to miss it - promenade deck port side, if going from Mayflower and facing out to sea, is usually ok ,can normally buy a glass of champers from a steward in that area and they sometimes have streamers to throw - or used to anyway, think they may have stopped for some pc reason.

Enjoy your cruise -lovely ship, we may go back on her next year - our favourite so far.

Hello Sannibop - good idea from someone re putting the carriers in a case.As no limit on amount of luggage.

Not sure what the score is with embarkation on Oceana now.

Last year we were more or less straight onboard at Soton for Oriana, they had changed the process to compete/catch up with RCC and Princess which do embarkation at Soton very well. If so then you can get a cup of tea or drink and have time to wander around and get a bit settled.

Make sure you are on deck for sailaway as it seems to happen quite quickly and shame to miss it - promenade deck port side, if going from Mayflower and facing out to sea, is usually ok ,can normally buy a glass of champers from a steward in that area and they sometimes have streamers to throw - or used to anyway, think they may have stopped for some pc reason.

Enjoy your cruise -lovely ship, we may go back on her next year - our favourite so far.

Thank you M62Man for confirming that the port side is best for the sail away. We have a balcony on that side so I shall make sure we take on a bottle of bubbly!

Yes port side for Southampton sailaway, we always have a portside balcony. This next cruise for Venice though having a starboard one,as we were told starboard best for sail-in to Venice, not sure if I will like being on the other side of the ship LOL.

Hubby always has a suit carrier, the ones that are well padded and look like a flat case, and that goes in the ship with the other cases and has always arrived ok...

You won't be 'carrying around hand luggage all day' anyway... We have arrived at noon at port arrivals and have been onboard eating lunch by 12.45 pm on the last 3 cruises. by the time you have finished lunch a announcement comes over saying cabins are ready - usually between 1.30 and 2pm so you just walk along to cabin and unpack - no probs

Sue

Archived