Help me decide between the Carnival Inspiration or the Glory

Steve3589

We are a family of 5, kids are 2, 5 and 10 and like to know which one of these ships would be the best for the kids. Water activities on the ship is what they really want most.

On the Carnival Inspiration, we can get 5 in a cabin and it is a 5 night cruise. Where as the Glory, we will have to get two cabins and this is a 7 night cruise. Cost is around $900 more for the Glory but we get $100.00 shipboard credit, a bottle of wine, and an onboard photo coupon per cabin. So it is really only less that $700 more after this.

We are first time cruisers and my wife thinks the the 5 night one would be best but I would love to do the 7 night one and not feel so rush to do things.

Thanks!

We cruised the GLory 2 years ago and my son and his two friends stayed in one cabin (they were all 17 at the time and BIG boys). Maybe with a crib for the 2 y/o you could do it...the cabins we had was on the Riviera deck and very large. I would rather do the 7night cruise, myself, because if I'm going to all this trouble for a trip...I'd like time to really, as my kids say, "get into it" and get away on the 7 night trip.

But, I've always gone when my children were older...so, that's a decision you guys will have to make on your own:)

...you'll like having that 2nd bathroom!!! Are your rooms connecting? Having a 2nd room will also give you a place to go when the 2yo is napping if they are. We've done 4,5, & 7 nights, and you're right, 7 nights is more relaxed, we had more sea days, which my kids love anyway. 5 in a room means 2 upper, 2 lower and probably a crib for the littlest...it would be a tight squeeze. We're a family of 5 too..2, 11, & 15, and have found that the extra expense of the 2nd room is worth our sanity. Camp Carnival is great, the younger 2 never wanted to leave when we cruised Glory last summer. :)

The Inspiration has just been upgraded and has the water park area. You might want to consider this if you are interested in the water activities for the kids and they have added mini golf. Camp Carnival will be great for your older kids. I think the 2 year old can not go to Camp Carnival. Good luck and have fun on what ever ship you choose.

Camp Carnival will be great for your older kids. I think the 2 year old can not go to Camp Carnival. Good luck and have fun on what ever ship you choose.

Carnival will take unpotty-trained 2 year olds, we chose them just for that reason. Just be sure to leave all the supplies when you drop them off. :)

Oooh, tough call. Both are on my "to-do" list. Considering that two of your children may not be tall enough for the one waterslide on Glory, you may want to go with Inspiration. Now, they may still not be tall enough for those slides, either, but it has more of a water "play" area. Glory has just the one waterslide and three pools.

Not sure which itineraries you are looking at - the number of sea days on each, and what you would do in each port with your kids may help to steer your decision as well.

As a first time cruiser, you may want to go with the 5 day, smaller ship first, then when you're addicted :D , move up to the larger, 7 day ship.

Either way, I think you will love your trip. Let us know what you decide, and then how it was.

Go with the Inspiration!! Your kids will love the water park much better on this ship even though its a smaller ship. We have been on both and honestly the Inspiration is better in my opinion. Lines not as crowded, waterpark area for the kids, big twisty slides for the older kids, recently redone camp carnival area, minature golf. The Glory is nice also but more crowded and not as kid friendly of a layout.

Julie

Thanks everyone for the info!! We picked the Inspiration and will be sailing in August! Next time we will do the 7 night one.

We all (5 of us) will be in one cabin, kids are 2, 5 and 10. The 2 YO will sleep with us so we wont need the roll away bed.

I have read this ship has a great waterpark and slides. We got a CAT6 with window for a lil under $2400 including and fees, just wondering if this is a good deal? It's already booked so I guess it doesnt matter now!

Archived