Pea Pod Plus instead of Pack n Play?

superdoll

We will be going on our 6th cruise in a few weeks - but our first with our 13 month old. We have a mini-suite and MIL has a regular stateroom. I was going to bring the PNP but I feel like trying to move it in between rooms (we are mid-ship & high deck, she is forward and mid-deck) will be a total pain. We want to be able to have DS stay a few nights in her room. So I found this...

http://www.buy.com/prod/peapod-plus-indoor-outdoor-travel-bed-princess/q/loc/20269/205606835.html

Any thoughts? Has anyone used one of these?

I would see if they have pack and plays on board. You can request a crib in both rooms too. See if they will do that for you.

The crib we got from the Disney Magic was a pack and play.

Have a lovely time!

I purchased the same model in blue for our cruise.

DS is 6 months crawling and pulling up on things. By the cruise, I worry that he will still be all over the place and not want to stay put when it is time for bed. Plus he moves all over while asleep in the pea pod he would roll right out.

The pea pod would be great for a deep sleeper or a very relaxed child that likes to stay put during bedtime.

I don't have such a child :) so I plan on taking our Pack and Play instead.

(most ships do lend you a pack & play but i prefer to bring our own)

I know that my 10 month old would crawl right out of the pea pod as soon as he woke up and I imagine a 13 month old might too. I would worry about him wandering around the room and getting into something he shouldn't be touching while I was sleeping.

I think your best bet is either requesting a crib for both rooms, or requesting one crib and bringing your own PNP for the other room.

I was considering the Peapod Plus for our 17 month old niece.

She is a great sleeper and doesn't move around a whole lot --- and like your little one, she'll be sleeping in two different cabins (with her mom on some nights and then in with us on other nights).

The other bonus for us is that this would solve our "sleepover" problems when she stays overnights with us at home.

We have asked for a crib/pack and play for on the ship --- but may still get the Peapod and try that instead

Archived