Driving from Orlando to Tampa-Best road to get to Alamo

ms simba

I am thinking of driving from Orlando to Tampa. It is cheaper for the airfare, hotel, rental car than flying into Tampa and staying overnight.

What I would like to know is which road would be faster (less traffic) on a Monday morning around 10? I will be driving I-4 from Orlando to 275.

Then my choices are either:

(1) to get off 275 at Westshore Blvd, go up to Spruce St, take a left and drive over to Alamo.

(2) drive on 275 to Memorial Hwy, go North and get off at Spruce and drive over to Alamo.

Which option might be best Westshore Blvd to Spruce or Memorial Hwy to Spruce?

Thanks a bunch! I was leaning towards Memorial Hwy until you told me about the construction. Also, I may choose to come in a little later around 11 am. The traffic might be a little better by then.

Thanks a bunch! I was leaning towards Memorial Hwy until you told me about the construction. Also, I may choose to come in a little later around 11 am. The traffic might be a little better by then.

By 10 am traffic should be no problem. Might be a minor blip where I4 hits I275, but that's gonna be the case at 11, too (it bottlenecks a little at the merge point, but only gets bad during rush hour - which is wrapped up well before 10).

And as snook said, you don't want memorial due to the construction.

Archived