Balcony dividers on Mariner

Nope not now. It was a recent change. I was just reading a review on the family board from someone who just got back from Mariner. In the review, she said that they just changed this

Here's the link to the review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=750620

And this is a quote from what she wrote...

"One disappointing note, the room steward told us right away the balcony divider couldn’t be opened any more. We did call guest relations and were told it was a brand new policy and they would no longer open them for anyone or for any reason due to safety concerns. They were extremely apologetic. Ok, no biggie, time to move on. "

Can anyone who's been on a recent Mariners cruise tell me if it's possible to open the balcony dividers? I'm booking 5 cabins and it may be a deciding factor! Thanks, Dee

Sorry, no. It's a new safety policy that has been put in place.

Does Mariner have the same divider type as Freedom/Liberty? I had heard that they would no longer open the dividers on some ships with the older fold back dividers, but when we booked our 9/27 Liberty sailing with 5 cabins, they told us that we would be able to have the dividers opened (slid back). If this isn't the case any more, I may need to change staterooms.

Thanks!

Will

We were on Liberty at Thanksgiving and they opened four dividers for us. Also we cruised Freedom at Easter and they opened the divider between two rooms for use. As noted they slide open vs on Mariner where they swing open. We were on Mariner last summer and they did open the dividers for us.

Happy sails.

Bill

We were on Liberty at Thanksgiving and they opened four dividers for us. Also we cruised Freedom at Easter and they opened the divider between two rooms for use. As noted they slide open vs on Mariner where they swing open. We were on Mariner last summer and they did open the dividers for us.

Happy sails.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the info! That makes me feel a little better. After we booked through our TA, we called RCCL to ask about the dividers specifically. We were told it wouldn't be a problem, and that the sliding dividers on the Freedom class had been designed around problems they had been having with the other types that were intended for maintenance/cleaning only. Who knows what will happen between now and September though. With my luck, I'm sure there will be a new policy, as we passed up another aft balcony and booked the 5 adjacent ones.

Have a great day!

Will

Archived