Egg Crate Mattresses

sharonmae

My DH loves a hard mattress, I like mine softer. Since the beds are singles and just pushed together, I am assuming the EC Mattresses come in twin size. So can I request an egg crate for my side of the bed only? I would have to wait until after boarding so I can pick "my side of the bed", or would it be better to FAX request early, and just have DH's ECM removed later if he doesn't like it??

sharonmae -

I always order my egg crate mattress via fax prior to the sailing. Since it's more comfortable for me, I want to be sure they don't run out of them if it's a full ship. I had an occasion when I waited to ask when I arrived onboard and they had to have the head housekeeper find one for me.

So, I fax Princess with my request at the following number - include your name, booking number, date of sailing, ship name and I include the cabin number:

PRINCESS CRUISE LINES - Fax 661-284-4745

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hope this helps - better to have one twin mattress removed than not have one available at all - ! :)

sharonmae -

I always order my egg crate mattress via fax prior to the sailing. Since it's more comfortable for me, I want to be sure they don't run out of them if it's a full ship. I had an occasion when I waited to ask when I arrived onboard and they had to have the head housekeeper find one for me.

So, I fax Princess with my request at the following number - include your name, booking number, date of sailing, ship name and I include the cabin number:

PRINCESS CRUISE LINES - Fax 661-284-4745

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hope this helps - better to have one twin mattress removed than not have one available at all - ! :)

Diane,

Thanks for the info. How much ahead of time do you order it?

Barbara

Just keep in mind though that even if you fax the request, it doesn't guarantee the mattress topper will be there waiting for you when you arrive. We have both faxed it and had our TA request it in the past and it runs about 50/50. Half the time we have to make another request with our room steward when we arrive as the request was never put through to the ship.

Can you still request it once onboard? My bed on the Diamond was so uncomfortable that I was thinking of asking for one on our cruise next week on the Golden, but since I heard they just got new mattresses I thought I would wait and test the bed out first. Now I'm worried that if I need it I might not be able to get one:confused:

Can you still request it once onboard? My bed on the Diamond was so uncomfortable that I was thinking of asking for one on our cruise next week on the Golden, but since I heard they just got new mattresses I thought I would wait and test the bed out first. Now I'm worried that if I need it I might not be able to get one:confused:

Yes, you can request it onboard through your room steward. The only time I have heard of them running low on them is when a passenger boards the ship quite late. If you board the ship within a few hours of the doors opening up, there shouldn't be a problem. Many times they run out AFTER the first night when people realize how hard the beds are.

Last week on the Crown the egg crate mattress our travel agent requested by fax was not there when we arrived. The cabin steward showed me his entire printout for all cabins - there was no mention of this request or our one for robes. There was no problem! Within an hour our cabin steward had remade our beds with this special mattress - and it was great! We were on the ship early so I would have no way of knowing if late arrivals had a problem.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much for the advice. I will be testing out the bed first thing when we board. I have informed my family that noone eats until I know if I can sleep in that bed or not!! If it's as hard as the bed I had on the Diamond I will be asking our steward for the eggcrate right away. I love Princess, but I really don't want to spend another cruise with a sore back!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Just wondering, how early should you request one? We don't sail until October. Should I wait until cruise is closer or does it matter? Should I request it or have my TA do it?

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Just wondering, how early should you request one? We don't sail until October. Should I wait until cruise is closer or does it matter? Should I request it or have my TA do it?

Thanks again.

From what we have been told by Princess on many occasions, they do not fax the requests to the ship until 30 days prior to the cruise. So, you have plenty of time to give it a try.

Archived