???'s re Grand

mw112208

I read on another thread that while the Grand is in drydock she'll be retrofitted with the Sanctuary and International Cafe. 2 Questions - when will the Grand be in drydock? And will the International Cafe be a new venue or will it replace some other dining option??

We're on the TA in November and wonder if these 2 options will be available by then. Thanks for any info.

Maggie

I read on another thread that while the Grand is in drydock she'll be retrofitted with the Sanctuary and International Cafe. 2 Questions - when will the Grand be in drydock? And will the International Cafe be a new venue or will it replace some other dining option??

We're on the TA in November and wonder if these 2 options will be available by then. Thanks for any info.

Maggie

Maggie: Unless they have made a change in schedule, the Grand is in dry dock beginning December 13 or 14th 2008....looks like that may be when they do the needed changes to include the Sanctuary...I don't have any quarantees, but I read that on another thread about two weeks ago.

That's the day we disembark. I guess we'll have to wait until our next cruise to enjoy them. Darn!

Isn't that always the way it happens? But, if you are doing a trans-Atlantic, then you probably will have a lot of "peace and quiet" anyway. No need to pay the extra $10 /4 hours...just grab a nice cool drink and take your choice of pools .... :)

ACtually, I bet you'll be accompanied by engineers and others who will be beginning pre-work for the dry dock. We were on one of the last sailings of Ocean Princess prior to her drydock and refit for her transfer to P&O and she was crawling with guys measuring stuff and doing miscellaneous "pre-work."

Maggie

I think the International Cafe will most likely replace what's now the Lobby Bar on Plaza Deck: the International Cafe will still have the bar and the espresso machine and will add food offerings to the space.

Archived