triumph review 3/29- 4/5

lana.m

Sorry I really messed up my last reveiw so lets try this again.We left on slc 03/28 12;30 flight to atlanta and then flew to miami arrived 9am went to miami hilton where we were promised a early check in but had to wait 4 hours in the lobby.

DISEMBARKATION: We arrived around noon lines were very long but a staff member approached us and took us to the front of the line.Probably due to my kids.

ROOMS:We were on the riviera deck room 1308 and 1312 inside we had 2 beds pushed together so the baby could sleep with me which made ample room under the bunk for our luggage.On day 3 we had the sewer smell in our bathroom.

HALF MOON CAY:Went ashore for about 30 min. started to rain the baby and I headed back to the boat dh and the 3 kids stayed behind we were very disappointed but you can't control the weather.

DAY AT SEA:Weather was bad very windy.Alot of people were sick including my kids that was with dramamine on board.

ST.THOMAS:We left the ship lines were very long and it took awhile to get through.Went shopping and to the butterflie place 15.00 per person for a 15 min tour and to see the butterflies good not great.Shopping everything was expensive and most of the stuff made in china.

SAN JAUN:My dh and my 10yr got off the ship looked around and went to SR. Frogs they said it was okay the rest of stayed on the boat.Weather was windy and cloudy.Waves were 8-10 ft and the boat was stll moving alot many people again were sick including myself and my kids.Meclazine was a must for this entire trip.

FUN DAY AT SEA:Very first formal night went for a hot stone massage one of the highlights of the trip very nice.

NASSAU:Very first nice day of the cruise we did the blackbeards deluxe excursion very nice beach was awsome food was great drinks were strong.My dd had her hair braided and there were many great things to buy that were actually made their by the locals highlight of the trip and best port.But as soon as you start having fun time to heard you back onto the ship.

FOOD:the food was good not great the buffet the lines were very long.Pizza was good.Hamburgers were okay not great and fries were always cold.Sandwhiches were okay tried the ruben not impressed.dining room the food was hit and miss primerib was great filet was very tough,melting cake was great but got old after 2 days bitter and blanc was really good.Salmon was very good and the shrimp that came with the lobster was great.

CAMP CARNIVAL:We were very disappointed the facility was very small and they did not have to many activities,color and video games.Alot of people complained and said it was way better on other cruise lines the pickup and drop off wait was at 20 minutes I heard parents telling their kids they did't care if they liked it they were going so the parents could be alone.My kids did not like it and because of the weather the waterslide was only open 2 days and the mini golf was also closed alot due to wind.So my kids were very bored.Your only option was the arcade which all the games are 4 tokens 1.00 a peice or try and swim in a pool that is very small and overcrowded.

OVERALL:the ship was well taken care of.The staff were very friendly and tried to go out of their way for you.But if you do not gamble there is not to many other things to do.There are 4-5 shops I bought a watch and a silver braclet for myself and my dd.But it takes maybe an hour to look at everything and then what?My entire family went 14 of us and we were all disapponted my sister said she will go back to ncl or norwiegen she felt the ship was very cattle call like.Myself I felt like we were storm chasers at least if you go to one place the weather may be bad but you have the freedom to go to the town or find somthing to do,on the triumph we were stuck with people throwing up and nothing to do and nowhere to go.Maybe if we had gone on a diffent ship or a differnt line things would have been better.So for my first cruise, it will probably be my last, we spent 10,000.00 and came home needing a vacation.

Archived