Helicopters!

sportsmum

I posted a similar question in destinations as well, hope that's not breaking the rules!

My sons would love to do a helicopter tour and I have read that there are some that land on the glacier for a quick hike.

The only one I have found is in Juneau. Does anyone know of any places to do this in Alaska?

Since we just booked our cruise for June and things are either booked full or don't have room for 4 of us I really need help!

Thank you very much.

I posted a similar question in destinations as well, hope that's not breaking the rules!

My sons would love to do a helicopter tour and I have read that there are some that land on the glacier for a quick hike.

The only one I have found is in Juneau. Does anyone know of any places to do this in Alaska?

Since we just booked our cruise for June and things are either booked full or don't have room for 4 of us I really need help!

Thank you very much.

I assume you are not going to Juneau? If not, where else are you visiting?

If the HAL excursions are sold out you can always try independent excursions. We did an independent excursion in Juneau landing on a galcier and walking around a bit. It was amazing.

Yes, yes, yes, I know. My brain is on overload from all the reading and comparing!

We are going to Juneau twice but have booked the zipline/rope challenge for the first time and want to do the Adventure Trek climb the second visit. Therefore, I am looking for a helicopter tour on another stop. If I satisfy everyone the best I can I get to nap!

I found one in Skagway! Temsco does a helicopter/glacier walk/dog sled combo that should get me at least an hour before dinner!

I have booked everything independantly so far except the Great Alaskan Lumberjack show in Ketchican. It was the same price on board as I would pay walking up and I get transportation. It was actually 50cents less for the kids price! I have never seen that before.

I think I only have Haines to consider and the master plan can be printed and packed!

We were in Alaska last September and I recal that right across from the pier there is a company with about a dozen small helicopters. They were taking people in and out all day....but there always seemed to be a couple on the ground.

Sorry don't know the name of the company but the tourist office in Skagway should be able to point you in the right direction.

Have a great trip....Alaska is wonderful.

Archived