Puntarenas - Pacific Coast

Bucky3

We reserved the B2 tour,1..Caldera forest.2...Villas Lapas Skywalk..3 Ganado beach (lunch)..4..Tarcoles bridge to see crocs...5 grocery store..Leave at 8am return to dock at 4pm. $95 each. Does all that sound about right for a non-zipline tour? And I assume no canal boats.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone RECENTLY done a tour with Charlie Soto at port of Puntarenas? Would appreciate any feedback. Thank You!

Bucky ...we just got back yesterday from our PC cruise and did Charlie's tour on April 13th.....it/he was great! We did the zipline tour, which included feeding the wild monkeys, a stop at a fresh fruit stand (excellent!), tour/sighseeing of the Costa Rican rain forest, ziplining, a stop to view wild croc's, hot lunch with margarita on the beach (we had a seafood dish), all the beer, soda and water you could drink, and he stopped at a couple of shopping spots. Charlie was friendly and funny and was open to do whatever we wanted. His bus was a nice size air conditioned bus and our group was 14 people. I booked it online ahead of time and Charlie himself answered the emails very promptly. He met us at the pier and dropped us off at the time we had requested......I was extremely happy with this tour. He delivered everything he promised and it was $95pp. I would highly recommend him. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
He met us at the pier and dropped us off at the time we had requested......I was extremely happy with this tour. He delivered everything he promised

Did he meet you at the end of what I have read is a very long pier, or was he permitted to drive up near the ship?

If he cannot get his bus up near the ship's gangway, is there any other motorized way to get from the ship's gangway to the end of the pier?

• 4 weeks later...
Did he meet you at the end of what I have read is a very long pier, or was he permitted to drive up near the ship?

If he cannot get his bus up near the ship's gangway, is there any other motorized way to get from the ship's gangway to the end of the pier?

He meets you at the end. There is a little train runs back and forward to the ship. However I wouldn't recommend him as he didn't give us what we booked.

just sent an email to charlis soto this morning and received a response a few hours later. we aren't doing the zip line tour but decided on another one and his prices were very fair. he seems to have a pretty good reputation at least from what i've read on cc. hope it works out.

jeralyn ;)

Bucky ...we just got back yesterday from our PC cruise and did Charlie's tour on April 13th.....it/he was great! We did the zipline tour, which included feeding the wild monkeys, a stop at a fresh fruit stand (excellent!), tour/sighseeing of the Costa Rican rain forest, ziplining, a stop to view wild croc's, hot lunch with margarita on the beach (we had a seafood dish), all the beer, soda and water you could drink, and he stopped at a couple of shopping spots. Charlie was friendly and funny and was open to do whatever we wanted. His bus was a nice size air conditioned bus and our group was 14 people. I booked it online ahead of time and Charlie himself answered the emails very promptly. He met us at the pier and dropped us off at the time we had requested......I was extremely happy with this tour. He delivered everything he promised and it was $95pp. I would highly recommend him. Hope this helps.

Can some one tell me exactly what is "A Zipline Tour "

Thanks

Ziplining is where you walk through the rainforest and then slide on cables between platforms in the trees. From memory we did about 6 or 7 "runs" when we were there last year.

I found it absolutely terrifying:eek: at the time but they took great care of you and I now look back on it as one of the highlights of our holiday.

Archived