Arrive day early?

I am flying into FLL a day early and staying at the Holiday Inn as well. Still trying to find a place to eat within walking distance. Any suggestions?

If you are looking for a good option for a return trip...call Supershuttle. They are only charging me $90.00 for a van for 10 people and they will pick you up within 1/2 of your call from the port terminal. This is a good deal in comparison to the $18.00 per person the other way from FLL to the Holiday Inn.

Cot-

What hotel did you stay at in FLL? We are going downa day early in August and are flying into FLL. It sounds like you had a bad hotel experience.

TIA-

Denise

We stayed in the Sleep Inn Dania. It was not that good, but I guess not that bad. We waited 30 minutes after I called the transfer from the airport, and they said 10 minutes. I was told we would be able to get our rooms earlier than usual, but when we got there, we had to pay, which wasn't that bad. So we got two rooms, 6 people each. One room was fine. The other, smelled horrible, so we asked for a new one, and luckily there was one right across the hall. So then we wanted to get something to each, but there is nothing good around there.

Across the street, there is a plaza. It has a Publix, a dollar store, some other stores, and 3 very small restaurants: a take out chinese restaurant, a mexican restaurant, and an italian restaurant, which I do not recommend because we ate there for lunch it was bad. But, very late that night, a few people from our group went over to the mexican restaurant (i did not go) and said it was way way better than the italian restaurant. We got a few hot foods and dessert from publix and ate in the hotel breakfast area for dinner.

If you are looking for something to do near the hotel, get a cab, or rent a car because you cannot walk to anything. The pool was dirty when we were there, but we did hang out around it for a few hours.

The free continental breakfast was good with eggs, muffins, toasts, waffles, etc.

Archived