Beachside Massages?

kimberpc

We are leaving this coming Sunday for our cruise on the Mariner of the Seas for 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise.... we're going to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten & St. Thomas.... does anyone know if there are any places that offer the outdoor massages like some resorts do right on the beach?

We are leaving this coming Sunday for our cruise on the Mariner of the Seas for 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise.... we're going to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten & St. Thomas.... does anyone know if there are any places that offer the outdoor massages like some resorts do right on the beach?

Sure - especially in St. Maarten. Go directly to Orient Bay - there are plenty of beach massages available there. You should be aware the Orient Bay is clothing optional - plenty of bars and restaurants with beach libation service and lounge chairs/umbrellas. My husband gets a massage every year at Kakao. The same lady does it; but she books up quickly so go early. I think he typically pays $60.00 for an hour (plus tip, of course). Good luck and have an awesome time. Chick.

Sure - especially in St. Maarten. Go directly to Orient Bay - there are plenty of beach massages available there. You should be aware the Orient Bay is clothing optional - plenty of bars and restaurants with beach libation service and lounge chairs/umbrellas. My husband gets a massage every year at Kakao. The same lady does it; but she books up quickly so go early. I think he typically pays $60.00 for an hour (plus tip, of course). Good luck and have an awesome time. Chick.

Chick.. thanks so much for the info! Ok so after talking to my husband he isn't going to be down with the "clothing optional" beaches. I was very surprised when he said that.. I mean, he's a 35 year old man in good shape... I'm 32 and in decent shape (still got about 10-15 pounds I could stand to lose but I've lost 70 pounds in the last 2 years).... but he said, "well I just don't think I'd feel comfortable there". But maybe we could still go there for massages.... I dunno. We'd love to find a place that we can lay together and both get our massage done in the breeze on the sand.. ya know? Thanks again!!

Chick.. thanks so much for the info! Ok so after talking to my husband he isn't going to be down with the "clothing optional" beaches. I was very surprised when he said that.. I mean, he's a 35 year old man in good shape... I'm 32 and in decent shape (still got about 10-15 pounds I could stand to lose but I've lost 70 pounds in the last 2 years).... but he said, "well I just don't think I'd feel comfortable there". But maybe we could still go there for massages.... I dunno. We'd love to find a place that we can lay together and both get our massage done in the breeze on the sand.. ya know? Thanks again!!

Only one end of the beach seems to be clothing optional. :)

But all of Orient and all the beaches on the French side follow the French custom of topless (optional) for women. The far end of Orient is where you'll find Club Orient, which is a fully clothing optional (not nudist) resort. That is where you'll find most of the full nudity. You will see topless women anywhere along the beach. Be aware that you're not required to go au naturale anywhere on the beach and that many people (on some days, most) choose to wear swimsuits or other beach attire.

If your DH is absolutely dead set against going to a beach with any toplessness or nudity, then the Dutch side beaches are where you should look. Cupecoy on the Dutch side is known for being fully clothing optional and Sunset Beach Bar on Maho follows their motto that "topless women drink for free." So, while there is far less toplessness/nudity on the Dutch side, it's not none. Little Divi seems to be one of the top picks for those who prefer no toplessness/nudity. Almost every report that mentions beach attire (or lack thereof) says that they saw no nudity of any kind at Little Divi. (Unless you count that some swimsuits consist of a string thong bottom and two tiny triangles with string on top. That's not a whole lot of coverage.)

beachchick

But all of Orient and all the beaches on the French side follow the French custom of topless (optional) for women. The far end of Orient is where you'll find Club Orient, which is a fully clothing optional (not nudist) resort. That is where you'll find most of the full nudity. You will see topless women anywhere along the beach. Be aware that you're not required to go au naturale anywhere on the beach and that many people (on some days, most) choose to wear swimsuits or other beach attire.

If your DH is absolutely dead set against going to a beach with any toplessness or nudity, then the Dutch side beaches are where you should look. Cupecoy on the Dutch side is known for being fully clothing optional and Sunset Beach Bar on Maho follows their motto that "topless women drink for free." So, while there is far less toplessness/nudity on the Dutch side, it's not none. Little Divi seems to be one of the top picks for those who prefer no toplessness/nudity. Almost every report that mentions beach attire (or lack thereof) says that they saw no nudity of any kind at Little Divi. (Unless you count that some swimsuits consist of a string thong bottom and two tiny triangles with string on top. That's not a whole lot of coverage.)

beachchick

Thanks! I did see Little Divi mentioned... and it does have massages on the beach so we may be trying that one :)

DW and I were at Orient Bay last September, and got a lounge chair there at KaKao Bar...

We only saw one guy walk by with nothing on and one topless gal longing in our vicinity... so it really is not that previlent.

The nude beach is quite a ways south of KaKao.

I don't think my hubby would be bothered by a few nude folks... and for sure any nice looking topless women, I think he's more "uncomfortable" with being around it.. ya know? lol I think he's just used to seeing me naked and he'd feel weird being there in the flesh with others naked.. lol

I didn't mean to scare you off with the information. Let me assure you - the nudity is very limited. Actually - I have been before and never saw a nude person at all. It's mostly topless women (including myself) and let me assure you - it's no beauty pagent. Who doesn't need to drop a few lbs! Good Luck and enjoy! Chick.

I didn't mean to scare you off with the information. Let me assure you - the nudity is very limited. Actually - I have been before and never saw a nude person at all. It's mostly topless women (including myself) and let me assure you - it's no beauty pagent. Who doesn't need to drop a few lbs! Good Luck and enjoy! Chick.

Oh girlie you didn't scare me off... it's my husband that's "uncomfortable" with it.. ya know? I don't mind naked people... I'd probably end up topless because I hate tan lines... I go to the tanning bed and I'm brown all over.. I just hate the thought of ruining my perfect tan with all those lines next week. lol ;)

Archived