Day Room Miami Airport Hotels?

ldb2

Unfortunately, search doesn't seem to be working again so my apologies if this has been discussed in detail previously! We will be passing through Miami in December en route to South America, and have about a 9 hour layover at MIA following a red-eye flight from Seattle, so I am thinking that having a place to catch a few hours of sleep would definitely be a worthwhile investment. Do any of the very nearby hotels offer a day rate, and if so, has anyone ever used any of these hotels for this? Would any one be able to give me an idea of rates, and what you thought of the facilities as far as convenience, cleanliness, and "quietness" is concerned? Thanks in advance!

Laurie

I don't know if they have a dayrate, but there is a hotel in the airport, The lobby is in the main terminal. We have stayed there overnight when we have early flights. They also have a pretty good and reasonable restaurant on the top floor, which is open to non-guests as well.

This information may be old but a year ago I checked on day rates. The Hyatt downtown had a day rate from 10-4 for $85 for the room. There was availability at the Miami airport for under $100 but have read poor reviews of the hotel in terms of rooms, etc. If you just want a place to sleep, shower, etc., probably the airport would be your best bet.

If you are talking about the hotel in the airport terminal, we stayed overnight there a few months ago, as we had a really early flight to South America. The rooms were small, but very modern, with nice bathrooms. It was very quiet. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses! I finally called the MIA Airport Hotel the other evening and the person I spoke to told me they do rent "day rooms" from 10 am - 6 pm for $105.00 + tax, however she said they do not take advance reservations - they normally have rooms available but they are on a walk in basis only. So I guess we will need to take our chances that something will be available. I also asked her if there was a possibility of getting a room (and vacating it) earlier than those hours, as we arrive in Miami just before 7:00 am and our outbound flight to Quito departs at 3:35. She was not able to give an answer on that question. I might try calling again another time to see if I get the same info. Hope that helps! (I have also read a lot of negative reviews on this hotel, so it's nice to know you had a good experience Benita - thanks!).

Archived