Thrifty Jeep Wrangler Rental in Kauai

geospyder

Has anyone rented a Jeep Wrangler from Thrifty in Kauai (or any of the Islands as far as that goes)? All the pictures show the Wrangler without a top. Is this the way it comes? Is a soft top supplied?

we have a jeep rented when we are in kaui, when we made our reservations we asked about the top they said they would remove it when we got there all we had to do was ask. we are sailing 4/24-5/4 on poa. we actually have a car rented an all the islands except 2 i think- we cant wait to see hawaii:) every one has bad talked the cruise line so we are expecting the worst on the ship

we have a jeep rented when we are in kaui, when we made our reservations we asked about the top they said they would remove it when we got there all we had to do was ask. we are sailing 4/24-5/4 on poa. we actually have a car rented an all the islands except 2 i think- we cant wait to see hawaii:) every one has bad talked the cruise line so we are expecting the worst on the ship

Has anyone rented a Jeep Wrangler from Thrifty in Kauai (or any of the Islands as far as that goes)? All the pictures show the Wrangler without a top. Is this the way it comes? Is a soft top supplied?

Jim - I rented a Jeep on Maui our first day and it came with a soft top that we immediately took down. (Now that I think about it it even had the windows in.) Since the kids took it down I wasn't so sure about how to put it back up, so when we returned it at the end of the day I apologized to Thrifty and they said, no problem - they do it all the time. I'm guessing you could ask them to put it down, or, better yet, show you how to take it down so if it rains you can put it back up again. :cool:

Thanks for the responses. We decided to rent a compact instead of the Jeep. The main reason we were going to rent a Jeep on Kauai was for easier access to some of the back country geocaches during our seven day post cruise stay. But we've decided to drive in as far as safely possible and then hike. It might add a mile or two to some of the hikes but we'd rather hike the extra mile or two so we could have the convenience of a "closed" vehicle. My daily driver here in the Nevada high desert is a Jeep. Definitely need the 4x4 in some of the places we go.

Archived