Anyone else still waiting??

xan51090

I haven't heard about my September Miracle trip; although my Mom has been notified of her OBC for her April Miracle trip and the "no fuel charge" on her October Miracle trip.

I'll just check my final invoice carefully before paying.

If you are within the time of the OBC, you might want to check with your TA or PVP at Carnival to be certain they have the record correct.

Happy Cruising! :)

Still waiting for my 2 Carnival cruises and 1 Princess cruise. I'm not surprised as I waited a long time before I got notices that they were charging me in the first place, so for whatever reason I'm far down on the list to be notified.

Booked October 15, 2007....Leaving April 10 & 14:D ....Fuel charge is still visible in our documents:confused: ..We will know for sure very soon.:cool:

Cheers!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear about their Fuel Charge refund? We booked June, 2007 for our cruise on the Liberty coming up on 4/20. We still haven't heard anything from Carnival.

You will get it as a onboard credit

I spoke with a carnival rep tonight who told me the final decission would be made by April 11th, on when and how the refund would be given.

We will see.

I called my PVP yesterday, in order to make my final payment. I told him that I was aware of the fuel surcharge being removed, but that I had NOT received confirmation of it yet. Thanks to Cruise Critic, I was aware of this! He said letters had been mailed last week, and I should be hearing soon. He also just subtracted $70 per room from the final amount, and noted that he had removed the fuel surcharge upon final payment.

Still waiting here as well. We booked May 2007 for our August 08 cruise. We also paid in full at Booking, and then paid the $120 in fuel charges in January. My bill still shows the Fuel Charge applied - no refund yet. . .

I received my e-mail saying that our $70 per cabin would be refunded, but no change in my documents. I plan to just take my e-mail and the original booking confirmation with me on the ship. If the money is not there as an OBC, then I will handle.

Looks like it is just taking so much more time, due to the many many many refunds that they are having to process.

I spoke with a carnival rep tonight who told me the final decission would be made by April 11th, on when and how the refund would be given.

We will see.

This is from Carnival's website. The question in my mind is when we'll get noification of our OBC. Booked in Sep 2007 for May 2008 cruise, through Carnival PVP.

http://carnival-news.com/2008/04/01/carnival-corporation-plc-to-voluntarily-rescind-fuel-supplement-for-guests-booked-prior-to-november-7-2007/

Notified or not I would be taking a copy of my booking invoice showing date of booking.

Chit happens.

Thanks! Great advice. It's packed already.

We are leaving on in 3 days. My PVP called me today just to wish us well and indicated the OBC for the fuel supplement will be posted prior to our departure. She said this is a time consuming task and it is taking a while to get all the credits issued.

Refund?? CCL is raising it to $7.00 per person per day, very soon. My TA got a letter frome them stating it.

The new $7 fuel supplements will apply to all new bookings effective April 21, 2008.

For bookings made from November 7 2007 to April 20, 2008 the original fuel supplement of $5 per person per day will apply.

Those who booked before 11-7-07 are getting a refund.

Archived