Aerial Trek Zipline Adventure in Barbados...

I just got done reading all about zip lining in Labadee but has anyone done it in Barbados? Is it wonderful? What about the weight limits they talk about in the other thread? Do they fluctuate depending upon the weather?

Thanks in advance, Angela

• 1 month later...

I asked this question way back before our cruise not realizing at the time that the AOS had not been to Barbados since October. I wanted to come back and give a short review on this excursion...

The zipline in Barbados was the cheapest zipline on our whole trip (still around $85 person so not too cheap) and we have been wanting to zipline so we tried it. It was a blast!

We took a 20-25 minute ride from the dock to Aerial Trek. When we got there they told us they had a place we could put any of our personal belongings because we shouldn't bring them with us (we did bring our camera in a case that strapped across us). They especially cautioned against keeping sunglass that didn't fit snuggly because you would probably lose them.

After we put our belongings up and took one last potty break they "suited" us up, put our helmets on and then listened to a small talk from a worker. He explained as much as he could without us seeing the lines/platforms. When we got to the first platform they explained more to us and we were off.

There were about 3 people who never left the first platform...fear took over and they just couldn't do it. There was also an opportunity to get off at the second platform but after that, it would have been very hard to get off. We went to seven platforms where the lines crossed over trees. I'm not really sure exactly how high up we were but we were looking at the tops of trees. When we got back to the building where our stuff was kept they had bottled water and soft drinks.

Overall, this was a great excursion. Everything was super safe and the staff was very helpful. I highly recommend this excursion for a first time "zipliner".

Hope that helps!

Archived