Spinoff to Blow-Up Pools - What age?

AJI2596

Yes, not potty trained and not on a ship with a non-potty trained children's area (RCCL Liberty/Freedom/Independence/Enchantment or Disney Magic/Wonder) then I would bring a pool.

Especially if you plan on spending time outside at the pool deck

We're booking another cruise for 2009 and DS will turn 2 the weekend we embark and I plan on bringing the blow up tub again. It may be small, but he loves to play in the water. We never brought it to the pool deck on this past cruise because we only had 2 sea days and we used our balcony instead. I'm sure I'll be using it on the pool deck for our next cruise!

We're booking another cruise for 2009 and DS will turn 2 the weekend we embark and I plan on bringing the blow up tub again. It may be small, but he loves to play in the water. We never brought it to the pool deck on this past cruise because we only had 2 sea days and we used our balcony instead. I'm sure I'll be using it on the pool deck for our next cruise!

May I ask where you got your blow up tub? It looks like the perfect size.

My mother got one (I think it is the same as the one in the pp picture) at at Toys R Us.

I have one that is a big duck that we got from Target. Planning on taking my mother's b/c it is a little bigger and doesn't have a huge duck head (which he likes to climb up:)

I am just wondering how well these blow up pools work for older kids...like 18 mos. and up?? Anyone have any experience? My daughter is 20 months old and she would have a complete fit if she thought we expected her to stay in that little pool versus going into the H20 Zone (Freedom). I mean, really - I can see for younger kids. I just don't know how well it would work with an older child. Especially if they have something similar to the H20 Zone in their hometown (like we do) and are familiar with it. It is for this reason that I am debating holding off on cruising until next Sept. - when she will be 3 and hopefully potty trained before we take her. I may be overestimating her response - I just can't see an older child being content with a blow up pool when they see all the other kids in the H20 Zone.

I am just wondering how well these blow up pools work for older kids...like 18 mos. and up?? Anyone have any experience? My daughter is 20 months old and she would have a complete fit if she thought we expected her to stay in that little pool versus going into the H20 Zone (Freedom). I mean, really - I can see for younger kids. I just don't know how well it would work with an older child. Especially if they have something similar to the H20 Zone in their hometown (like we do) and are familiar with it. It is for this reason that I am debating holding off on cruising until next Sept. - when she will be 3 and hopefully potty trained before we take her. I may be overestimating her response - I just can't see an older child being content with a blow up pool when they see all the other kids in the H20 Zone.

Lucky for you then that the H20 zone ALLOWS non-potty trained children. ;) :D

There is an area of the H20 zone called the Baby Zone. It's a section of the H20 zone where the toddler can stay in a swim diaper.

There are a few ships which allow diapered kids - RCCL Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Enchantment, and Disney Magic/Wonder.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the new Waterworks areas on the Carnival Fantasy-class ships are available to the swim diaper kids? You'd think that Carnival would have included them in the design, but it won't suprise me if not.

We're considering an extended-family cruise next year with a couple of toddlers included, so just want to plan ahead. Thanks.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the new Waterworks areas on the Carnival Fantasy-class ships are available to the swim diaper kids? You'd think that Carnival would have included them in the design, but it won't suprise me if not.

We're considering an extended-family cruise next year with a couple of toddlers included, so just want to plan ahead. Thanks.

Nope they don't. I asked the same thing when they were being planned, hoping they would think it was smart to include an area for swim diapered tots. :rolleyes: They didn't. :(

They still list that area for potty trained kids.

Archived