Life vests required?

patterson3

Are life vests generally required when you book a snorkelling excursion? I only ask because I recently went snorkeling in Cozumel and we booked on our own and we weren't required to wear life vests. But there was a large group of people who had booked thru the ship and it appeared that they were all required to wear vests. Is this common? That would ruin the excursion for me....

I have seen kids required to wear jackets, but the only excursion (Hawaii) that we (adults) were required to wear them, they were deflated so you could dive down. Their insurance required it. Other instances are when you have an organized group that is traveling together and the company that represents them requires it.

most organized snorkeling excursions will require everyone to wear the yellow snorkeling vests, but you can completely deflate them. anyone who can't swim needs to use floatation devices (or in my opinion, not snorkel :o )

Are life vests generally required when you book a snorkelling excursion? I only ask because I recently went snorkeling in Cozumel and we booked on our own and we weren't required to wear life vests. But there was a large group of people who had booked thru the ship and it appeared that they were all required to wear vests. Is this common? That would ruin the excursion for me....

Yes because they worry about liability. We took a catameran and they reqired it.

Bob

Archived