Question about cabins on the Princendam?

Wine Taster

My sister and I are thinking of taking a cruise from Rome to Amsterdam naxe year on the Princendam. We probably will choose an ocean view (cat C) or a category AB balcony stateroom.

If we go with the C, is their much difference between C102 which is in the bow but appears to be somewhat larger and have access to the forward deck or C227 or 228 which are more midships?

Are the balcony cabins that much better to warrant the extra $1,000/person?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have stayed in C102 twice and it is a great cabin. However, it is all the way forward and you feel more movement in that cabin than you would midship.

As for the need for a balcony, consider the dates you are sailing and the probable weather....how much time will you spend on the balcony?

Enjoy the Prinsendam; she is a great ship!

Thanks PalmBeachMom, The P looks like a really nice ship. We are looking at an early June cruise so I guess the weather would be pretty good for at least the Medeterranian portion of the voyage. I wonder if you get any perks with the balcony stateroom - my guess is no.

What made C102 better than the more mid-ship cabins?

I also have a question about the cabins on Prinsendam. i have cabin SY030, port ,forward. i am not concerned about motion, but how about wind from the bow, is this going to be a problem? :)

We booked a C guarantee and got C201 - much smaller and farther away from the elevators. Someone who booked run-of-the-ship got C217, a much better cabin,as far as size and convenience are concerned. But the rest of the cruise was great. Prinsendam is our favorite ship. Nancy

Thanks PalmBeachMom, The P looks like a really nice ship. We are looking at an early June cruise so I guess the weather would be pretty good for at least the Medeterranian portion of the voyage. I wonder if you get any perks with the balcony stateroom - my guess is no.

What made C102 better than the more mid-ship cabins?

I don't think C102 is smaller than the other C cabins, but could be wrong.

You will laugh but one reason I love C102 is that, if I open the door, I can get the wireless internet in my cabin. Also, because it is so far forward, it is quiet and sometimes less expensive for a solo traveler.

But June in the Mediterranean? Splurge for a balcony!

Archived