New Miracle NYC Itinerary - Anyone Interested in CC Cruise July 2009?

SnowWhiteNYC

In the Member Cruises section, click on the link to the cruise for this date and it will give you an e-mail address to contact. They sent the info back almost immediately. Hope this helps.

When I click on it, it just says I need to be registered and logged in to see posts in the forum - I'm registered, I'm logged in - anything else I have to do?

When I click on it, it just says I need to be registered and logged in to see posts in the forum - I'm registered, I'm logged in - anything else I have to do?

I think that's the members forum, which hasn't been set up yet. To get the prices now, send an e-mail requesting pricing for this date to groupinfo@cruisecritic.com. They should respond almost immediately.

When you click on Member Cruises, on the first page it brings you to, instead of clicking on 'Group Cruise Boards', just scroll down and find the date and ship. When you click on that, it will give you an email address to ask for the prices. They got back to me immediately.

Wow, great news that we are official! Thanks for letting us know, NowYoyager. :)

NYBumpkin, maybe the forum doesn't open up until Snow does something to officially start the threads?

As far as the Spirit class ships, I think what I like most about them is that they don't suffer from the "you can't get there from here" annoyance that ships with two dining rooms seem to have on the second and third decks. I know what you mean about feeling like you are walking forever from one end of the ship to the other, though.

Wow, great news that we are official! Thanks for letting us know, NowYoyager. :)

NYBumpkin, maybe the forum doesn't open up until Snow does something to officially start the threads?

As far as the Spirit class ships, I think what I like most about them is that they don't suffer from the "you can't get there from here" annoyance that ships with two dining rooms seem to have on the second and third decks. I know what you mean about feeling like you are walking forever from one end of the ship to the other, though.

No problem. Actually, I've been kind of stalking this thread waiting for the pricing. :rolleyes: Can't wait until Monday when I can make it really official. LOL.

I've only been on one Spirit class ship, the Legend, back in 2003; so my memory is kind of fuzzy, but I do remember loving the ship's layout. Actually, I don't think I've ever met a cruise ship I didn't like, so I'm looking forward to falling in love with the Miracle.

Yes, Yittles,

Just email groupinfo@cruisecritic.com and they will send you a list of member cruises. Scroll down to the date and you will see all the info there.

Sheryl

Am I reading this wrong? I went to the Carnival website and the cost of a balcony is $1569 and the cost for our group is $1559?

I thought the discount would be larger...... :confused:

mee too...blueiz, im a little dissapointed... i looked at the prices on expedia and compared them to the "discount prices" im afraid if i book here and there is a price drop will i be locked in to this price?? and how come there is no OBC? do u think there might be one as more people join in and sign up for this cruise???

I'm pretty much determined to do this cruise, but I was hoping for better pricing. My guess is that a new itinerary, combined with the 4th of July, adds up to a sailing that eventually will be sold out.

The cruise is a graduation gift for my niece, so we have to wait until school is out. My options are pretty limited as to when we go. On a positive note, the price break seems to be better for a cat 11 suite, so it's not all bad (how's that for half-assed logic on my part ;) ).

My question is, where are the savings? It's only $40 less per person for a balcony? This is really disappointing as I had my whole family interested in the trip. It might be better to book my own group with CCL...

Oh well, maybe there's room for negotiation???

My question is, where are the savings? It's only $40 less per person for a balcony? This is really disappointing as I had my whole family interested in the trip. It might be better to book my own group with CCL...

Oh well, maybe there's room for negotiation???

Agreed that it's kind of a let down. Especially since my regular TA will normally give a $100 OBC. I suspect it's because they know that they can sell this one at a premium.

I'm rather disappointed as well - I was hoping for an OBC or at least a cocktail party. Carnival's website listed less for an inside cabin (which is where we put our sons - when they're paying for the cruise, they can have a balcony!;))

Well, at those prices, I guess I'll keep looking at Europe (on Carnival) or maybe try a land-based vacation next summer. I stopped by a travel agency the other day for info on Caribbean resorts, so I'll keep looking there, too.

I guess we'll have to see what Snow has to say when she returns! I don't think she will be too happy to see those prices!

Hi again,

I am trying to organize a group cruise for this same special itinerary on the May 8, 2009 sailing. We came up with the same issue. I have spoken to Carnival and they said that since this is a special itinerary with only 6 sailings in 2009, they are NOT offering ANY discounted prices, amenities, or perks to any group, TA, online vacation places, etc. They fully expect all 6 sailings to sell out, therefore they are fixing the prices. For those of us that want to do these cruises, we just have to pay full price.

Also, as far as the free berths, I was told every 16th person is free (every 8 cabins based on double occupancy) but that they cannot spread that out as OBC for each cabin.

Hi again,

I am trying to organize a group cruise for this same special itinerary on the May 8, 2009 sailing. We came up with the same issue. I have spoken to Carnival and they said that since this is a special itinerary with only 6 sailings in 2009, they are NOT offering ANY discounted prices, amenities, or perks to any group, TA, online vacation places, etc. They fully expect all 6 sailings to sell out, therefore they are fixing the prices. For those of us that want to do these cruises, we just have to pay full price.

Also, as far as the free berths, I was told every 16th person is free (every 8 cabins based on double occupancy) but that they cannot spread that out as OBC for each cabin.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately for us, this makes perfect sense from Carnival's POV. Why sell any cabins at even a small discount if they believe they can sell out the ship at their asking price. Supply and demand economics can be a real b*tch.

The problem is compounded by the fact that most of the other sailings from the NYC area are even more expensive (and believe me, I've checked). :(

I will call my TA on Monday....actually I will email her now..........

What is OBC?

We might have to cancel this years trip because my kittie needs surgery and we have to see how long he will need to recoup, will it be 1 knee or 2 and what the cost will be........Oy :(

I will call my TA on Monday....actually I will email her now..........

What is OBC?

We might have to cancel this years trip because my kittie needs surgery and we have to see how long he will need to recoup, will it be 1 knee or 2 and what the cost will be........Oy :(

OBC is On-board credit. Karen, best wishes with the kitty. We just lost ours a few weeks ago, at age 19. I hope you don't have to cancel - we're looking forward to meeting you!

OBC is On-board credit. Karen, best wishes with the kitty. We just lost ours a few weeks ago, at age 19. I hope you don't have to cancel - we're looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks for the explanation..........

Sorry about your loss..........know that your cat is well at the Rainbow Bridge....we have 3 cats, minor ailments, but this one is my bottle baby....he was found, 2 weeks old, in a locker in my school (one girl said she was going to take him home after school, he was in there for safe keeping) The principal put him in a box and waited for me to come downstairs to give him to me........

I hope that we don't have to cancel either.....we have to find out if the surgery is this summer, how much? How long to recoup? If he can recoup before we leave then we might still go.....

Archived