Last cruise before drydock on Liberty?

inanotherlife

I just discovered that the Liberty will go into drydock 10/4/08... this the day of our debarkation.

1. Has anyone had experience with being on a ship the last cruise week before it being drydocked?

2. Will they be prepping for the ship's drydock while we are on our cruise?

3. Will there will be certain things closed down or areas that will be lacking? :confused:

We will still enjoy ourselves regardless, I am just curious!

Ughhhh! I was also on a cruise the week before dry dock and never again. The ship was being worked on the whole cruise and the service was terrible. I really felt we were cheated out of our cruise because things werent working or were closed. We even made an unscheduled stop in Ft. Lauderdale to pick up supplies and ruined one of the sea days. This was on RC not Carnival but I still wouldnt sail again in that situation.

Ugh oh! This is what I'm afraid of. It is our first cruise and I don't want it to detract from the trip... I know any vacation is what you want to make of it, but I hope that anything going on for preparation of drydocking is minimal and unnoticeable!

I would imagine the Liberty drydock wont be that involved..they are required to dry dock all vessels every 2-3 years. I cant envision Carnival doing anything that would require them to start before your cruise is over.

I wonder is ruskatab was sailing on SOS before she was retrofitted, if so, thats not a fair comparison, RC basically remade that ship and really didnt give themselves enough time to complete all the tasks.

Archived