QUESTION REGARDING TIPPING

I understand to requirments for tipping in the main dinning room and for room service, but how does tipping work for the other restaurants(windjammer, island grill,jonny rockets,promenade cafe'), is acouple of dollars left on the table everytime you eat ther??

Sandy icon_biggrin.gif

9/10/04 voyager cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm going to add onto this question...if the OP doesn't mind??!! Does anyone ever tip the kids camp workers??? This just occurred to me...that we tip just about everyone else...why not them...I never have...should I have????

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

re: Windjammer- I understand that (officially) a portion of the dining room tips cover this, as the dining room staff 'double' in the windjammer.

On merited occasions in the windjammer, I have slipped a buck or two into someone's hand to assure they personally are rewarded for excellent work.

Johnny Rockets - You'll use your seapass card to pay for any chargeable items (milkshakes, for example) When you sign, you can add a tip on.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;04;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500   'til Radiance of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500   'til Sovereign of the Seas

Sovereign 01/02, 11/02, 6/03, 08/03, 09/03

Fantasy 06/2002

Mariner 12/03

We have always tipped the Adventure Ocean staff. They do a great job with the kiddos and deserve the same consideration as the Room Stewards and the Waiters, after all, they are in charge of the "safe keeping" of our children.

I do not eat in the Windjammer much I just tip the dining room staff, as others said, many work in both places. As for the kid's staff, I have never tipped them not that they do a bad job but because of the understanding that they are on the management side and make better wages than the wait staff. The wait staff just like any waitress gets paid less and needs the tips to make a living. I do not tip the kids daycare or teachers at home so I guess I look at it the same way on the ship. If you are happy with them and want to tip then go for it.

Happy cruising.

3/98 Grandeur of the Seas

4/00 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Enchantment of the Seas

04/16/05 Navigator of the Seas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1sttimecruiser91004:

I understand to requirments for tipping in the main dinning room and for room service, but how does tipping work for the other restaurants(windjammer, island grill,jonny rockets,promenade cafe'), is acouple of dollars left on the table everytime you eat ther??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure any staff member will appreciate any tip whenever it is given. As for the Windjammer, at breakfast and lunch the waiters and asst. waiters not needed in the dining room will be working the Windjammer instead. Your tip to your dining room staff at dinner time covers this service. At dinner time in the Windjammer it is staffed by asst. waiters that do not work in the dinig room that week so they are not getting any tips. I'm sure they appreciate finding a tip on the table, or better yet, hand the tip to the person that took care of you.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

SuperJerryW- Your response is not necessarily the case as the last three cruises I have been on my dining room assistant waiter was also the same waiter that I had taking care of me at breakfast in the Windjammer. I tip the recommended amount plus a few dollars for my regular waiters and all of the tips are pooled and devided by all wait staff on duty or off even those few dollars that everyone slips them. If they don't turn in all funds they are in jeopardy of losing their jobs. Room service is a separate department so I do tip them a couple of dollars separately. As to the childrens program it is acceptable to tip the staff but they are fully paid employees and I treat them the same as I do daycare workers at home. If they went out of their way to do something special then I do try to recognize this but otherwise I don't.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

the difference between tipping the waitstaff and the adventure ocean staff is that the wait staff are there to wait on you and enhance your experience and are paid at a much lower scale than the employees in adventure ocean who are being paid to do their job. you wouldn't tip the cashier at your local k mart or the people at your day care center so why would you tip the a. o. staff.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PPS

Mariner 09/04 incountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jewel 11/04 in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Splendour 01/05 in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1;8;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OK...so I've gotten a yes and a no on tipping camp workers...hhhmmm....they do a wonderful job and I certainly wouldn't want to be stiffing them if they depend on gratuities for income additional to their salaries. I guess I've never read anything in my info from RCCL that includes them in the tipping...so it never occured to me before.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I just returned from the Splendour of the Seas and on the last day of Adventure Ocean - tip envelopes were on the check in table. I hadn't really thought about it up to then. I guess I was so empressed with the way they took care of our 4 year old - we had also utilized their late night services. I decided that the service they provided my child was more important to me that the service I received at dinner. I hadn't thought about the difference in their salaries.

Oh...maybe that is why I never knew...I don't use them that often...just a couple days for a few hours...on at sea days...so he doesn't bake by the pool all day...so I've never been there on the last night to see the envelopes...I'll be sure to give them something this cruise.

Would there be a certain age range in tipping for AO? I understand completely if you have a younger child but what about kids just old enough to come and go as they please?

5/24/04 Sovereign of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

AO Staff: From my understanding, they are considered officers of the ship, like the Captain and the Purser, and aren't tipped.

Rhapsody

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;6;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Monarch of the Seas

Disney Wonder

Archived