Question about e-docs

sp29488

I'm still waiting on my paper docs to come in the mail. Since it now saids "Guests will receive paper docs" I thought it might be safe to view my docs on line now. I haven't looked yet because I'm still worried I might not get my mailed docs if I do. My question is: How close to sail date can I still see the e-docs so that I can print extra luggage tags, etc. if I need to?

My question is: How close to sail date can I still see the e-docs so that I can print extra luggage tags, etc. if I need to?

Until 3 days before sailing. They leave it open this long in case of flight change information for the people that booked their air through Carnival.

If you have the message above the e-docs that is in red that says message i.d. then a number follwed by guest will receive paper documents via mail, then they have already processed your docs to be mailed and you can still view them knowing you're still gonna get that little blue book just any day now.:)

Until 3 days before sailing. They leave it open this long in case of flight change information for the people that booked their air through Carnival.

If you have the message above the e-docs that is in red that says message i.d. then a number follwed by guest will receive paper documents via mail, then they have already processed your docs to be mailed and you can still view them knowing you're still gonna get that little blue book just any day now.:)

Thanks for the info. I'm so excited!!!! Any day now those little beauties will be in my hands :D

Thanks for the info. I'm so excited!!!! Any day now those little beauties will be in my hands :D

I'm jealous, we have 71 more days before we cruise.:( I'm holding out for the little blue booklet though, won't be too much longer.:) I never was good with patience.:p

I'm still waiting on my paper docs to come in the mail. Since it now saids "Guests will receive paper docs" I thought it might be safe to view my docs on line now. I haven't looked yet because I'm still worried I might not get my mailed docs if I do. My question is: How close to sail date can I still see the e-docs so that I can print extra luggage tags, etc. if I need to?

I heard a rumor, not sure if it is true, that Carnival is trying to do away with mailed docs. I received docs in the mail for our Feb cruise, however, we did not receive docs in the mail for our cruise next week. In both cases I said that we preferred paper docs. Two weeks ago I went on line and printed our docs. I kinda liked getting the docs in the mail. You know, the excitement and the doc dance from the mailbox into the house.:D The only difference is that our cruise in Feb was with a Carnival PVP and the cruise next week is with Crucon. Perhaps someone else positively knows what is going on and not from what I heard through the rumer mill.

I heard a rumor, not sure if it is true, that Carnival is trying to do away with mailed docs. I received docs in the mail for our Feb cruise, however, we did not receive docs in the mail for our cruise next week. In both cases I said that we preferred paper docs. Two weeks ago I went on line and printed our docs. I kinda liked getting the docs in the mail. You know, the excitement and the doc dance from the mailbox into the house.:D The only difference is that our cruise in Feb was with a Carnival PVP and the cruise next week is with Crucon. Perhaps someone else positively knows what is going on and not from what I heard through the rumer mill.

I've read lots of stories where people clicked on no I want paper docs and then wound up printing the e-docs because they never got them. Not sure if it was because of the computer glitches Carnival's site was having at the time (and they have had more of their share) or what. We also received paper docs for our cruise this past Feb. I would go to the e-docs screen, but when it got to where the choice for paper or e-docs was at, I would back out of it without making a choice. Then I did it one day and saw the message i.d. with a number followed by guest will receive paper documents via mail. I called my PVP and she told me that they had been processed for mailing and that I would be getting them in the mailbox. For the trip we have coming up in June, I haven't even gone to the documents part. I'll wait until around 30 days before sailing and do like I did the last time. From what I've read so far, people are still getting the paper ones though. I think it would be hard to discontinue them all together, not everyone has a computer.

My cruise consultant works for Carnival. Everything was booked directly with Carnival. When I called her this morning she said they were being mailed today so (at least for this time) we should be getting them by mail. Who knows about the next time we sail, they'll prob. be all e-docs.

Archived