anyone going to Whistler 2008

Is anyone doing the RCCL pre cruise 4 day Vancouver to Whistler land tour (Serenade) in 2008. I have a few questions.

1- What hotels are you booked in.

2- Are there RCCL excursions there or do you just use a local tour company.

3- Please post some comments when you get back.

I have booked this for May 2009, So I only have a year to plan everything. ( and my wife says I'm compulsive. LOL )

Thank for any info.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone doing the RCCL pre cruise 4 day Vancouver to Whistler land tour (Serenade) in 2008. I have a few questions.

1- What hotels are you booked in.

2- Are there RCCL excursions there or do you just use a local tour company.

3- Please post some comments when you get back.

I have booked this for May 2009, So I only have a year to plan everything. ( and my wife says I'm compulsive. LOL )

Thank for any info.

I had the same questions and have been looking for some info on these boards from people who have done this. I was excited to see this yesterday in my search.

We are booked on the 5C Cruisetour on 5/21/08. I have received our tickets and it states that we will be staying in Vancouver at The Sheraton Wall Center but did not give the hotel in Whistler. I called RC today and was told that we would be staying at the Delta Whistler Suites. We did upgrade to the Glacier Dome on the train. I was told that the gondola ride in Whistler was included in the package as well as breakfast at the hotel on the last day before we board the bus around 8:30 to 9:00AM for the 3 hr ride to the boat. I was also told that the person picking us up at Whistler would have lots of information and recommendations and that activities were plentiful and that availabilty is good and that we should not have a problem booking something when we get there. RC doesn't have anything like excursions for Whistler. I was thinking of booking something online before we left but after speaking with Ruth at RC I am going to wait till we get there and see what they have to say and offer. If you go to the Website for the hotel and Whistler itself they have a list of different activities and prices. Looks like fun.

Hope this is a little helpful

Sharron

I had the same questions and have been looking for some info on these boards from people who have done this. I was excited to see this yesterday in my search.

We are booked on the 5C Cruisetour on 5/21/08. I have received our tickets and it states that we will be staying in Vancouver at The Sheraton Wall Center but did not give the hotel in Whistler. I called RC today and was told that we would be staying at the Delta Whistler Suites. We did upgrade to the Glacier Dome on the train. I was told that the gondola ride in Whistler was included in the package as well as breakfast at the hotel on the last day before we board the bus around 8:30 to 9:00AM for the 3 hr ride to the boat. I was also told that the person picking us up at Whistler would have lots of information and recommendations and that activities were plentiful and that availabilty is good and that we should not have a problem booking something when we get there. RC doesn't have anything like excursions for Whistler. I was thinking of booking something online before we left but after speaking with Ruth at RC I am going to wait till we get there and see what they have to say and offer. If you go to the Website for the hotel and Whistler itself they have a list of different activities and prices. Looks like fun.

Hope this is a little helpful

Sharron

Thanks Sharron! We haven't gotten our docs yet. We thought about upgrading to the Glacier Dome, but the additional price was a bit too much for us. We (my mother and I) are so looking forward to this trip! Please post a reveiw when you return!

ejhall

Archived