Aurora cruise problems

LibraLass41

My elderly mum-in-law sailed off Sunday on Aurora with blizzards and snow on the drive to Soton!! to go to the Med.... not had much fun since, first the bay was very rough and a lot were sick, then she was spotted on the Webcam in Gib on Wednesday , when her first port of call was supposed to be Barcelona on Thursday... since discovered her itinerary was completly swopped around (they may of been told this at check in? )

Now heard this from another lady on CC who has friends onboard.....

"the ship was stuck in Almeria because of gale force winds & the Spanish army had just turned up to guard it through the night! Tanks and armoured cars were also there and she sent me a photo of them all lined up taken from her balcony!"

"Apparently the ship was docked near the North Africa ferry station so they weren't taking any chances. This is a hoiliday they won't forget in a hurry! "

The weather has been very poor so far as well, what a bad start., poor old M-in-L its enough to put you off cruising!

Her last cruise was with us on a smooth crossing to Amsterdam and Bruges on a 3n Aurora cruise in Sept, she had a sole Occ balcony and loved it!, this time sharing a inside cabin, in bad seas, and the neice who went with her 'too look after her' is being sea sick, and my m-in-l is looking after her !

The saga continues.....

Sailing around now, was talk of abandoning cruise, but now going to Barcelona tomorrow (!) and other ports if and when they can fit them in...

Sue

Her webcam says she's in Naples today but the webcam picture certainly doesn't look like Naples: no Stazione Maritima, no Vesuvius, no Amalfi coast across the bay....

Anyone got any ideas where she actually is?

aurora.jpg.c6e94f848350ebccd54f59296c6f992a.jpg

No!!

They have lost it now regarding the ports and days to see them....from the begining when she was in Gib when she should of been at sea sailing to Barcelona... -then heard ports reversed... but thats not correct now...as Barcelona was on Saturday when she would of been last if ports reversed.... I give up...the decription next to web cam is the old original itin...

Mum in law is having a good time now, the Captain said hello to her in Cafe B the other night, and even jokingly 'cut up her meat for her' lol (she is 80)

Sue

p.s. i am sure things will only get better , now - weather seems to have improved

Her webcam says she's in Naples today but the webcam picture certainly doesn't look like Naples: no Stazione Maritima, no Vesuvius, no Amalfi coast across the bay....

Anyone got any ideas where she actually is?

Livorno ???

E_005_19A.jpg.d0343858794b81339b35bad90639394f.jpg

This is Livorno in 2004

Archived