Legend of the Sea

We will be going on our first Euopean cruise in October. 13 day Italy / Croatia. Can't wait! The most days I have ever been on is a 7 day. Anyone out there who has done before have any tips for me? I would love to hear from everyone! Any shared info would be greatly appreciated!:)

We will be going on our first Euopean cruise in October. 13 day Italy / Croatia. Can't wait! The most days I have ever been on is a 7 day. Anyone out there who has done before have any tips for me? I would love to hear from everyone! Any shared info would be greatly appreciated!:)

I´ve been on that cruise last year see my website for pics and a trip review.

:cool:

:cool: Went on the Legend a few years ago on 12 day which hit many of the same destinations. Keep in mind that days ashore are very intensive. You may never have the opportunity to come back to many of these stops, so make the best of the time you have. Excursions can get to be expensive, but you have to do them. Rome---Take a tour which will show you the ancient ruins. About an hour from port. Florence---have to see David. Venice---My favorite. St Marks, outdoor restaurants. Took ferry to Murano and saw glass factory, and Burano---an island where shops make and sell lace products. Burano was better that Murano. Very expensive to purchase glass. Dubrovnik---fantastic city. Did not expect much. Was greatly surprised. Toured city, and took bus to seaport about 35 minutes away for lunch. Plan on ship do some laundry for you on a trip this long.:cool: Have late seating. After excursions, relax in hot tub before dinner. ENJOY:cool:

What date are you sailing? We will be on Legend Oct. 5th, an awesome itinerary.

Originally we'd thought to do a land trip, then the idea of a cruise got tossed around. We eventually settled on Legend only because of the itinerary. We've been on the sister ship, Vision and while these ships aren't brand new with all the bells and whistles, they are nice and well kept. The fact this is such a port intensive itinerary doesn't give us much of a chance to spend a whole lot of time onboard anyway.

Here's a link to the roll call boards you might enjoy, I'm going to look in on the April 13th thread, especially when they return :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=264

You may find a roll call for your date, we do have a small one for the Oct. 5th cruise.

:cool:

:cool: Went on the Legend a few years ago on 12 day which hit many of the same destinations. Keep in mind that days ashore are very intensive. You may never have the opportunity to come back to many of these stops, so make the best of the time you have. Excursions can get to be expensive, but you have to do them. Rome---Take a tour which will show you the ancient ruins. About an hour from port. Florence---have to see David. Venice---My favorite. St Marks, outdoor restaurants. Took ferry to Murano and saw glass factory, and Burano---an island where shops make and sell lace products. Burano was better that Murano. Very expensive to purchase glass. Dubrovnik---fantastic city. Did not expect much. Was greatly surprised. Toured city, and took bus to seaport about 35 minutes away for lunch. Plan on ship do some laundry for you on a trip this long.:cool: Have late seating. After excursions, relax in hot tub before dinner. ENJOY:cool:

Very helpful tips, thank you! I saw Murano on the travel channel and wondered if I would have time to get there. I am going to print these tips out and put them in a binder so I don't forget anything!

I am going on the Legend next year for the Italy/Croatia cruise and I can't wait! You are going to have so much fun this year!! I am jealous because your itinerary is better than next years. I have been to many of the stops before though, and you are going to have an incredible time. I advise you to get a privat tour in Rome and Naples because if you find a couple to join you (easy to do) it will run you about the same as a ship tour and it is MUCH better. I would suggest www.driverinrome.com for both destinations. We have had them twice and highly recommend them. I also suggest late dining because you will be VERY pressed to make the early seating. After this cruise, you will have a hard time going back to a 7 day itinerary! I have done the Med. cruise twice now and wish I could do it every year.:D I hope you post a review. I can't wait to hear about the Legend and I think it is great to have the two overnights! That is why I picked the Legend next year. It is a near perfect itinerary... I am sad that next years is a 12 nighter :( instead of your perfect 13.

Have a great cruise!!! If you would like any do-it-yourself tips, you are welcome to email me at sburbank35 at AOL.com

hylasgirl has a great point about private shore excurision companies. The only drawback......if you can call it that.......is that the ship will not wait for you if you are on an independent mode of transportation that may breakdown. Having said that.......every independent tour operator knows that they would lose business if that happened, so are very aware of time frames and ship schedules.

We have been doing independent tours, whether we rent a car or hire a car and driver for the past 9 years. I can only think of a couple of ships excurisions that we have taken because they were unique to the area.

Some research before leaving home could save hundreds or thousands of dollars by learning about independent shore travel.

Rick

Archived