Bad experience with sidestep.com

Somewhere in the threads of these boards, I found out about a travel place called sidestep.com. The site is supposed to help you find good deals for flights, cruises, hotels, etc. I downloaded it and it took over the computer! Anytime I went to a travel site (like when I wanted to go to other places for airline ticket prices) up would come pop up advertisements for web pages about cheap flights. The pop ups came so fast my computer went into suspension or crashed. It was horrible. Last Wed. early in the morning I was searching for cheap airline tickets. I found a great deal untill the pop up monster crashed the computer. I ended up calling an airline for tickets, the price is so so but the times are great! So this is just a heads up if you want to avoid the pop up monster from hell avoid sidestep.com. I have just about gotten it removed from our computer (it was visable in one place, hidden in six and now its in one more place. I have to ask my son to get rid of it!). Anywho I've got our airline tickets and we leave 5 weeks from Monday, yeah!

Happy cruising!

Sue icon_cool.gif

All dem bonz are connected: de party bone & de drinkin bone & de stayin out all night bone & the cruisin bone.

Our first cruise: May 10 2004, Enchantment of the Seas

Sue- I have paniceware pop up stopper. It works wonders on those pop up monsters! Some say that it will affect your use of the boards, but I have never had a problem with it. The bonus is that it's FREE! You should check it out. IMHO

Debbie

<MARQUEE direction=left width=33%>ADVENTURE ON THE AOS 4/25/04 </MARQUEE>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;25;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You can get a free spyware remover which will clean off the trail left by sidestep...Its adaware 6.0...Just search under adaware and download and run against your programs and you will be all set

Until 4/4 Victory cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;4;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you Mombandy4 & lcpagejr icon_biggrin.gif! My server recomended my downing loading spyware protection (2 free programs's) but every so often Microsoft interfere's! AOL supposedly has the pop up service but it doesn't seem to be in use for AOL or Microsoft pop ups. I will check out paniceware pop up stopper. Thanks again!

Happy cruising!

Sue icon_cool.gif

All dem bonz are connected: de party bone & de drinkin bone & de stayin out all night bone & the cruisin bone.

Our first cruise: May 10 2004, Enchantment of the Seas

You can get rid of sidestep (and lots of other ad ware and some spyware) by running a free program called Ad-Aware. It is free and available at lavasoft.com. You can also try to "google" it, put adaware 6.0 into the search text box on google. You'll be surprised what you find!

Good Luck!

Hubby had to clean up the mess left on my laptop by sidestep also. It is not worth the problems it caused.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04