Soda question

Mystic1113

Anyone know if canned or bottled soda in checked baggage is a problem on an airplane? I want Caffeine Free Diet Coke and it's not been available on past NCL cruises. We're flying into MIA and don't have time to purchase this in Miami before going to the port. So, I'd like to pack some to have on the 19 day cruise we're taking.

However, a friend mentioned that because the baggage compartments on planes are not pressurized and can get very cold, soda might explode. Just wondering if anyone has done this and what the results were.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My first thought would be have you looked into the extra baggage fees airlines are charging? Those sodas could get very expensive for your length of cruise. My second thought is how are you getting from MIA to the port? Taxi? They can stop at a market.

i carry it on, last cruise on NCL, i drove...but when flying in, stop and get some. if you are flying in a day early, you will have time to shop. refill at the ports, you don't have to take the whole weeks supply.

that being said, i like to travel with the 12oz bottles, instead of the cans. even on excursions or just carry it around the ship, you can re-cap it and save it for later.

Archived