Will places on Grand Cayman be closed because...?

CjKd

Our first trip to Grand Cayman was on a cruise and we were there on New Year's Day (we were also on the Triumph). Most of the shops and restaurants were open, at least while the ship was in port (there were only 2 ships that day). We scheduled an island tour through the ship, then after that was over, we walked to Captain Marvin's and we did our snorkel excursion through them. After that was over, we had CM's drop us at Rackham's and we had a late lunch and then we walked back to the port area.

I think we were in port from 7-4 or 4:30. The last tender was around 3:30 or so. I believe we were in line around 3:15.

There's a gift shop next door to CM's and I asked the clerk what was open. She said most all restaurants and stores in the port area will open while the ships are in port, but they close as soon as everyone heads out to catch the last tender.

Twinkletoes - dead right.

But.....bars and restaurants are all open on News Years Day even after the cruisers depart.

I spoke with one of the shops today and they stated they alaways open on whatever day a boat(s) comes in - regardless.

Thanks for the info on the bars and restaurants. It's always so nice to have a poster who actually lives on the island help out with the questions. :)

Archived