Can you help me with planning our day in Grand Cayman?? :D

WorldTravelerX

Hello! Ok so for Grand Cayman ideally we'd like to incorporate all the main things to do if possible...in order of importance (and time we want to spend there, though this doesn't have to be the chronological order we actually do it in):

STINGRAY CITY!! (I'm SO excited!!)

Turtle Town

7 Mile Beach

Hell

Is the town worth checking out, if just for a glance? Is it easy to swing by? Anything else that is a must-see, must-do?

Your feedback, as ever, is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!! :)

All the things you listed there are the "typical" stops for the first time GC visitor. I'd suggest taking a tour with Capt Marvins, they are great and you can see all of those places with them for about $60pp, I think I just read on their website. CaptainMarvins dot com, check it out.

I second using Captain Marvin's. They do island tours and their stingray excursions are awesome. After you finish these two things, and depending on how much time you have, you can ask them to drop you somewhere along 7MB for a late lunch and some beach time. Then just grab a cab back to the port area.

If you're in port from 7-4, you're probably not going to have too much time for anything else. If you want to shop in the port area, you'll probably have to skip the beach time. Our first time there we were in port from 7-4. We did and island tour that ran from 8:30-10:30 and then we walked to CM's and they took us on our excursion. The driver dropped us at Rackham's for a late lunch and then we walked back to the port to get in the tender line. I think the last tender was at 3:30. Your day will go by quickly. We wanted to stop at 7MB but just didn't have time.

There is a little gift shop right next to Captain Marvin's that sells souvenirs (CM's also has a few items). We were so pinched for time that we bought our souvenirs at these places, and I am glad we did...we didn't have time at the end.

Rum cakes are another thing that are available on the island. You'll visit one of the stores while on your tour. We ended up buying our cakes on the ship rather than lug them around all day. Now, I just order them online and have them shipped to us. We now visit the island for week-long visits, and everyone still wants us to bring them rum cakes! So rather than drag them home with me, I have them shipped prior to us even leaving. Then I pass them out when we get home. :)

http://www.tortugarumcakes.com/

Archived