New NCL Kids Crew Hours, Rules

Quincella

I just returned from the NCL Jewel and there have been a few changes implemented that I thought some of you might be interested in hearing about.

First, it's the third ship in the NCL fleet to offer Kids Crew hours of 9:00 am - 10:30 pm on all sea days, with no breaks, before you have to pay. The 10:30 time (as opposed to 10:00 like it used to be) works out great for those who like to attend later shows, too, since they usually begin at 9:30.

Also, kids in the 10 - 12 range can now sign themselves in and out of the club with signed parental consent. I know that people have mixed feelings about this, but I allowed my almost 12-year old to sign in and out, with strict rules about where she could and could not be, and it worked out great.

And as a sidebar, for what it's worth, both of my girls (ages 5 and 11) LOVED Kids Crew.

Just thought I'd share!

Great info! Is the Kids Crew open until 10:30pm every day, or just sea days? Have the hours changed for non-sea days?

It's open until 10:30 free of charge every day, but it didn't open until much later in the day on port days... I think 5:00 one day and 7:00 the other.

All ships will have Freestyle 2.0 implemented in June if the press release holds true: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_031208_Freestyle2.0

Check the NCL boards for specific information on the Spirit. Given the fact that the Jewel has implemented 2.0 already, I'm guessing the Star isn't far behind.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

What are the other 2 ships? Is this part of 2.0? Does this mean I have to wait for 2.0 to get the extended hours? I ask because we are leaving on the Spirit soon -10 days and this would be great information to know.

Thanks in advance for your response. :p

I believe the counselor told me the Gem and the Jade were already operating under the new hours, and that they will be rolled out as the other ships implement 2.0 (like the Jewel did the day I sailed).

Archived