5 in a room (3 kids) on RCI Jewel of Seas

OregonGirlie

I know in order to get 5 (2 adults, 3 kids: 2, 4 and 6 years) we'd likely have to get a suite or 2 rooms.

I'm wondering, what type of suite we'd have to get to allow us all in the room on RCI Jewel of the Seas? Junior suite, owners suite, royal suite? I don't see a family suite option for this sailing (likely cause it'd be sold out if there even was one?).

What ships have the balcony & interior combo? That'd work for us, but I've heard you have to book way early? I'm more of a last minute, or a few months ahead planner so that's not a great option for me.

You cannot look for availability of family rooms online. Because they require a minimum of 5 people to book they will always show up as N/A. you have to call to book more than 4 people in any stateroom.

The Jewel of the Seas has 6 Family Oceanview Staterooms than can accommodate up to 6 people (2 on deck 7 forward, 4 on deck 8 forward). She also has 3 Royal Family Suites (1 each on deck 7, 8, & 9 on the back of the ship) that can accommodate up to 8 people (and have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms).

You can also put 5 people into Grand Suites and Owner's Suites.

The Radiance class does not have any balcony/inside connecting room combos that I'm aware. You find those on the Voyager class and the Freedom class. You'd either have to go for 2 connecting insides or 2 connecting balconies.

Your best bet (price wise and room wise) is to either call a travel agent or RCCL directly and price out a suite versus 2 connecting staterooms.

Yep you need to call to find out about the family suite. it never shows online. But they do sell out faster. Just and FYI it is cheaper to get to side by side OV rooms than a family ocean view. You also get a second bathroom that way. That is a big plus to me

Archived