cavetubing. bz

kamper427

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I went on an excursion with cavetubing.bz and I put some info about it on another thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1110465

They seem to be okay.

the other company that our fellow CC'ers have used is cave-tubing.com which also comes highly recommended.

The story I got from Vitalino Jr (who is the son of the owner of .bz, Vitalino) is that Vitalino was one of the first guides for the caves when Jaguar Paw was being built/developed. I didn't find out which company was involved with the accidental drowning the year prior, but was assured it wasn't .bz... but a "cruise" tour.

Whatever that means.

They are very safety conscience. They're hospitable.

I don't have any complaints.

We just used them, and while they tried their best- I will not do Belize again. We were booked for Cave tubing, but the river was high so we had to do the ruins and baboons instead. Both were interesting, but a good two hours driving in the car each way on very bumpy scary roads was not worth it. If you get off the ship and find out cave tubing is cancelled, I would just turn around and have a nice day by the pool.

My wife and I used them last January to go Cave Tubing and you could not have asked for better service. They were very professional and took care of everything, and best of all, they made sure we got back to the port on time. This was probably the best part of our cruise.

We booked them as part of a CC group last month while on NCL Jewel. I was sick that day and stayed on the ship, but my wife went with the group and had a great time. Vital spent time along the way talking about harvesting cashews, tasting Allspice, eating termites and handling a tarantula. Then they did one more cave then the cruise groups, had a free lunch and rum punch and made sure to get them back to the ship on time.

• 8 months later...
We booked them as part of a CC group last month while on NCL Jewel. I was sick that day and stayed on the ship, but my wife went with the group and had a great time. Vital spent time along the way talking about harvesting cashews, tasting Allspice, eating termites and handling a tarantula. Then they did one more cave then the cruise groups, had a free lunch and rum punch and made sure to get them back to the ship on time.

Hello in Hillsboro from down in Salem! We are booked with Vitalino next month and I too will report back...thanks for sharing your experience.

Just have to tell you that I am soooo jealous of your Disney Dream cruise!! I am surprising my sons in March and sailing the Disney Wonder to Mexico - couldn't pass up the kids sail free offer, lol!

Looks like we started cruising the same year and have done some of the same cruises as you!

Gina

• 4 months later...
we want to use this company b/c my 2 year old can go..does anyone have experience with them?

i'm worried about getting back to the ship on time..what if we don't get off the ship on the 1st few tenders b/c of a line??

any info would be great! thanks :)

I did cave tubing in Belize last year, but not thru that company. Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking your two year old. There is a decently long bus ride, plus at least a 30min-1hr hike, then the tubing (which I think would be far too dangerous for a two year old....)

we want to use this company b/c my 2 year old can go..does anyone have experience with them?

i'm worried about getting back to the ship on time..what if we don't get off the ship on the 1st few tenders b/c of a line??

any info would be great! thanks :)

My husband and I went cave tubing in Belize last April. We used Major Tom's - not a cruise ship recommendation, but they guarantee to have you back to the tender in time. We had an absolute ball with them. And though it is a good hike to get to the site, it was amazing. Our guide was terrific, and the "chain" moved along real slow. While in the cave for 30 minutes or so, even with the head lights, it is very dark. I understand you or your husband will be holding your 2 year old, but I honestly don't know if I would - only because of the darkness. The rest of the ride is in inches of water.

Just got back from Belize on the Dream and went with Cavetubing.bz! We had an umbelievable time with them! We were given tender number 3 when we went to the lounge at 8am. At 8:45 they called tender numbers 1-3 and we were off to the port!! They were right where there directions stated they would be and we were off for a 50 minute ride. Gave us bottled water for the trip there and lunch(rice, beans,chicken with rum punch or soda) on the way back. We were back with about 90 minutes to spare and time to shop some of the stores at the port. Yes and there was someone in our group who had a two year old and I believe they rode on the same tube as an adult. Again Vitalino and his team were just great and I would highly recomend them.

We're going Cave Tubing with cave-tubing.com next month. They got awesome reviews and let you bring young children as well. They said it was fine for our 4 year old to ride on our laps - and that they've brought much younger than that as well.

Yes and there was someone in our group who had a two year old and I believe they rode on the same tube as an adult.

It seems like different tubing tours go on different hikes; did you notice if this family had a tough hike with the 2 year old? Reallyexcited is my DW, and we are trying to decide to bring him, or 1 of us stay behind with the 2 year old.

It seems like different tubing tours go on different hikes; did you notice if this family had a tough hike with the 2 year old? Reallyexcited is my DW, and we are trying to decide to bring him, or 1 of us stay behind with the 2 year old.

There is a 30 to 45 minute "3 cave" hike, and a ~90 min "5 cave" hike. You should confirm with your vendor in advance which one they are offering before bringing a 2 yo.

My 2 cents.

Sorry didnt notice how well they handled the hike as there was 25 of us in our van group. It was a 45 minute hike which is one cave longer than the cruise ship shore groups do. I had to carry my wifes tube for about the last 15 minutes as she was getting tired.So one of you could carry two tubes and one your two year old if needed.

I went with Vitalino a year after the fatal cavetubing accident occured with one of the Carnival vendors.

I thought it was great... My youngest was 5, and the youngest person on the tour with us was 4.

11434_1246172483589_1507726387_30674450_5809569_n.jpg

11434_1246173003602_1507726387_30674463_4437543_n.jpg

My 5 year old was comfortable with her own tube... the 4 year old was a little clingy, but eventually settled down next to his mom in the caves.

I'm apprehensive about a 2 year old, though... If the water level is low, and the current is slow, you shouldn't have an issue... especially if the 2 year old is going in the lap... but be aware that the depth of the waters in the cave vary from "butts up" to 80+ feet deep... and the speed of the currents may reflect that if the water levels are high.

The accident that occurred in the caves happened at a time when there was no limitations to the size of the chains of people linked together in a tube. The water current was fast, and one of the large chains of tubers broke apart. A number of tubes got wedged in one part of a cave, and a woman fell out of her tube and drowned underneath the mass of tubers wedged in the corner of the cave.

Vitalino wouldn't link more than 8 tubers in a group, a 2 year old would float well with the PFD around them... so I suppose there's safety in mind... but again, I would still be apprehensive.

Um... Vitalino is great!

be safe.

NOT TO SURE HOW TO POST MY REVIEW HERE BUT HERE IT GOES!

We were on board the ncl spirit and we met another couple who were booked with explore belize caves (Dennis Perez), they told us all about how Dennis communicated with them and so we decided to book with dennis and his team. i gave dennis a call from off the ship and he was more than happy to take us on! Just as promised, Dennis was waiting for us with a sign with our name, boy was i happy athat he was there! We went to the caves and did the zipline and cavetubing but we were very early as dennis told us, our main concern was that we had a 3yr old and if he was allowed and safe to go cave tubing and dennis said yes to please bring him, he showed very responsible care for my little one to make it easier and safer we had him ride on the lap of an adult. We had a lot of fun and we highly recommend explore belize caves! :)

Archived