earliest time off Infinity-seattle

2cruisn4fun

We will dock in Seattle at 6:00 a.m. I was wondering if someone knows about how long it will take to clear customs and start the self disembarkation. We'd like to be off the ship and through customs before 9:00 to make it to a 9:45 train at Amtrak. (which is only 5 min. away). Thanks

We will dock in Seattle at 6:00 a.m. I was wondering if someone knows about how long it will take to clear customs and start the self disembarkation. We'd like to be off the ship and through customs before 9:00 to make it to a 9:45 train at Amtrak. (which is only 5 min. away). Thanks

You're not going to make the Starlight. They load between 7:30 and 8:00 am and are gone usually right on the minute. You have to go through check in there, too, and the lines start at about 6:30 am.

I also forgot to mention that they stop checking luggage for the Starlight between 7:30 and 8:00 am. If you have a bunch of it, you will HAVE to check some, as they now have baggage limits on the train.

If you have coach tickets and you don't arrive early, you will get the dregs of seats. If first class, it's not such a big deal, because you have assigned space, and no one else can get it.

Unless there is a problem, the train will be completely loaded and ready to go by not much later than 9:15 to 9:20, and has left as early as 9:30 or so.

Not meaning to rain on your parade or anything, but this is why the cruise line has a no flight before noon flight guideline for Infinity and Mercury. You will likely have to stay an extra night and take the train the next day, or change your plans. (I practically live on the Starlight in the summer time, since I can't fly any longer).

Archived