Cruise West Spirit of Oceanus?

JunPOA

We're booked on the CW S. of Oceanus departing May 21 for a Denali/Coastal Odysee sailing. I've been having a hard time finding reviews for this ship that are more recent than 2006. Can anyone share their recent expereience on this ship-particularly for Alaska? I understand it was acquired as an R- V ship and has a lot of natural wood and supposedly very spacious cabins. We would appreciate any recent feedback you can provide about your CW Oceanus experience. Thank You:)

I'd be interested in this as well as we're booked for the June 27th Inside Passage. If you wouldn't mind posting YOUR review when you return, I'D really appreciate it!:)

Hi "Mylife" in Michigan:) :)

We are doing the SB Coastal Odysee to Vancouver.

I would be happy to provide a review or feedback to any of your questions.

Are there any speciifc details I should clue in one for you?

weather, wildlife, cabin, lectures, food, etc?

I tried the Search function but unfortunately got the "Fatal Error" :eek: message - I saw from some other posts thatthis function has not been too reliable recently.

RN

JunPOA -I'd be interested in the depth of lectures, the naturalists, the excursions, and what the ports are like...most concerned about ports as I'm traveling with my elderly father. He's steady on his feet, however its going to be a concern with the type of way we disembark. We'll be in Sitka on 7/5 - his 85th birthday. Have a great time!

JunPOA -I'd be interested in the depth of lectures, the naturalists, the excursions, and what the ports are like...most concerned about ports as I'm traveling with my elderly father. He's steady on his feet, however its going to be a concern with the type of way we disembark. We'll be in Sitka on 7/5 - his 85th birthday. Have a great time!

Bless his heart & more power to your Dad!:)

Your concerns about transferring to the Zodiac are valid - but if the crew are anything like they were on the Xpedition (Galapogos) you will have NO worries. They were very diligently patient and used extreme caution. WE had a couple of folks who appeared 80-something & they did fine! Don't know about Alaska but in Galapagos they even provided walking sticks for folks at the Zodiac embarking area. Certainly non-slip bottom shoe would be in order. We'll aslo have a zillion photos to share since all of our adult children + the DH are really into fotos. I will focus in on the areas you mentioned above. Is this your Dad's 1st trip to Alaska?Send my best wishes to your Dad!:)

RN

JunPOA, my father and mother visited Alaska a long time ago, but I don't think they cruised. Since my mom's death a few yrs ago, he has taken a pair of his children with him on his trips, and many, like this one is a repeat.

Archived