Wearing jeans

Would it be appropriate to wear jeans on the plane from USA over to Europe? You hear so much on how the Europeans do not wear jeans, although I find that so hard to believe. Are we talking the senior Europeans?

Thanks

My wife and I plan to wear jeans on our flight next month to Italy. In 2003 we both had jeans while traveling central and eastern parts of Europe and didn't feel out of place for the most part - my wife said she did feel a little under dress at times. I think she most likely will leave the jeans in the suitcase once there, but will wear them on the trip home. If it's hot while visiting the Greek islands I think the jeans will stay in the suitcase for me also.

DT

Although I love wearing jeans around here, I am going to wear a pair of black dress pant, with a polyester, rayon, and spandex like material that stretches at the waist. For that long flight over, anything binding will be uncomfortable for me. Black is a good color (for stains and so forth) and the material will not wrinkle. ;)

I am also wearing sandals, but taking a pair of socks for my feet, in case they get cold.

I bought a small travel blanket in black and have pre-washed it. I also have an inflatable travel pillow and a memory pillow for my back.

nice jeans, shoes or sandels and a top and jacket look can look quite fashionable in europe....much nicer than the typical american travel gear of matching sweats and sneakers (that is the outfit europeans think is so american).

Hi,

wear whatever you feel comfortable in on a long-distance flight. I usually wear my most comfy jeans and never felt bad for doing so.

My thoughts exactly, I think there's an awful lot of fuss made on these threads about the "correct" clothing to wear in Europe. I honestly don't think that Europeans (and being British I am of course a European but I'm referring here to Europeans in the Med) will be paying that much attention to what tourists are wearing, in fact you'll probably find that many Europeans wear sneakers, sweats and jeans themselves these days. Personally I can't see what's so great about wearing a dress or skirt and being mistaken for an Italian but some people think it's the ultimate compliment. I know someone will reply saying they just like to look smart and polished and that's great but I don't think there's any need for the rest of us to agonise over what to wear when all that matters is being tidy and comfortable and most of all enjoying a well earned break.:) On my trip I will be wearing trousers or jeans to travel in and dresses for sightseeing in the warm weather as that's what I feel comfortable with.

Hope you have a great trip.:)

Archived