Zip Line tour in Labadee

travelgip

Can anyone tell me more about this activity here. I have only seen it mentioned briefly and am quite interested in it. Is it far away from the beaches/people/security. Due to unrest lately, I am wondering if it would be safe to go into the forest there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read extensively about Labadee- it appears the compound is completely guarded (armed guards and razor wire fenced) and the peninsula is separate from mainland Haiti.

Do a u tube search for labadee haiti zipline and you will see lots of pix.

I have also read here and elsewhere that the cruiseline will not put its guests in harms way and if the situation does not improve or appear to be safe for cruise pax, the cruiseline not pull up in Labadee. Just passing on what I have read- for what that's worth.

Did the Zip Line in Labadee last November, it was great.

You can prob find loads of in depth info about it but as quick break down.

Meet at the Dragons Breath pub to collect harness etc and receive safety instructions from guide.

Practice run on 'Baby Dragon' inside the compound

Board Jeep which takes you briefly outside the compound up the mountain to the launch platform.

Fantastic views of the ocean and your ship moored in the bay.

Onto the platform and bombs away!!!

Not scary, great fun, can't wait to do it again!!!

• 2 months later...

I did the zip line in Labadee in January. It was a blast. I highly recommend it.

Royal Caribbean leases this land from Haiti. It is fenced and guarded. A few RCI staff live on the compound. I felt completely safe.

Have fun on your cruise.

Hey there, we just did the zip line on our June 1st trip. It was just awesome. The only thing that concerned us was when you go up the mountain to get to the platform, we saw about 5 guards at the top beyond the gates with machine guns. However, our drivers knew the guys, and I really believe they were there for our protection. It was completely safe, as well as a BUNCH of fun!! Go for it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived