strollers in europe

rednails

I am not sure if I asked this before, but I still have not decided what stroller to take on the Med in June. Going on the Summit. BOB Revolution jogging or Maclaren Quest umbrella for 3 year DD. Help I am so confused. The BOB is so much easier to steer but is bulky and the quest is compact but not good on cobblstone small wheels.

Ihad posted a simlar thread about a month ago- I went with the 2008 Combi - but have heard gret things about the Maclaren Quest-

I am taking the same trip NEXT year (5/09) - so would love to know if yuo are happy with your choice- So far I am pleased with the combi- but if you love the Maclaren(if you go that route) i may try to look for one on Craig's list or at local consignment shops to see which I prefer..

Just from looking at the website, the BOB looks huge to me. It seems like it would be really bulky to take around the ship or to load on and off tour buses.

We own a Maclaren Quest and are really happy with it. I have not traveled to Europe with a baby, so I can't say for sure, but I think that is the one I would choose to take if I was going. I cruised the Med a couple of years ago and honestly don't think there were too many places where it was primarily cobblestone or uneven ground. Obviously, I wasn't paying as much attention since I didn't have a stroller. I just looked through my photo album and most cities had sidewalks that were made of flat slabs of stone, so they look like they would be pretty easy to navigate. Pompeii and Santorini had a lot of cobblestone and the Parthenon in Athens is mostly gravel, but for the most part, it looks fairly smooth in my pictures.

I know I would be happier with a smaller stroller, even though at times, the wheels would be bumping around more.

I would do the Maclaren, only because it has such an easy and compact fold. The BOB will take up a lot of space in your cabin even when folded, and since it is so heavy it'll be hard if/when you have to tender. Unfortunately the Mac baskets are small and hard to access, so you'll probably need to bring a bag slung over a shoulder.

Perhaps you could consider something like a backpack carrier, rather than the stroller, for the areas that would be difficult for the Mac wheels?

Archived