aurora world cruise

aurora misery

We have just returned from the 80 day world cruise, what a dissappointment it was a superb ship run by a totally hopeless company the onboard hotel services where appalling the food boring and repetitive and most of the staff seemed to have little intrest in the passengers, the riveria pool seemed to be taken over at most times by off duty staff and enterainment staff leaving little sunbed and pool space for the paying passengers. Most of the officers seemed to have freeloading family members on-board again causing much anoyance to passengers!!

The smoking policy was changed by p&o on the day the 80day cruise started much to the annoyance of the 350 smokers on-board as there was no indoor smoking areas apart from the crows nest which was often closed due to special functions so not much fun in bad wheather, 22 formal nights and no dry cleaners a bit of a joke,repetitive menu on a 2 week cycle was very boring to say the least,

Not a pleasant trip so i now no why p&o discount so heavily its because there reputation has got so bad !!!

Be warned it certainly will not be the 4star you hoped for and i will not be traveling with them again:mad:

Sorry to hear you had such a rotten time.

We were on from San Francisco to Auckland and really thought that a fortnight was long enough. I did keep thinking of you lot on for the whole trip!

The food was the main issue for us as you say it was repetitive and the standard was not good. By far the worst we've had on a P&O cruise. The entertainment was nothing great either.

We have always fancied a world cruise but that one put us off.

I see Cafe Bordeaux (the best place to eat on Aurora we felt) is being taken over as a Marco pierre White restaurant so thats a pity.

Last year we were on the Oriana from Hong Kong to Dubai (also world cruise with P&O) and I can assure you it was a different story altogether!

Gosh, really sorry to hear that you had such a misserable time on your world cruise.

We are booked on this cruise for 2009; I'm now somewhat concerned.

Any further details you can provide would be much appreciated.

Did you compalin whilst you were onboard re the crew using the passenger pool areas?

I sincerly hope you will have the courage to cruise again and I hope you find a cruise line that will deliver what they say they will.

[/b][/b][/b]

Gosh, really sorry to hear that you had such a misserable time on your world cruise.

We are booked on this cruise for 2009; I'm now somewhat concerned.

Any further details you can provide would be much appreciated.

Did you compalin whilst you were onboard re the crew using the passenger pool areas?

I sincerly hope you will have the courage to cruise again and I hope you find a cruise line that will deliver what they say they will.

[/b][/b][/b]

Dee,

Be very careful to take the experience of one cruiser before you become concerned about your upcoming world cruise.

Over on Cruise Connections P&O and on Crows Nest there have been a number of cruisers giving their running reports of their cruises with P&O and all have had a whale of a time. The main complaint here regarding the food could have been found out before the cruiser left, like most other cruise lines P&O have menus which repeat, but on each one there will be a choice of 5/6 main courses and each night you can have plain alternatives. There are also other venues for evening meals so the choice is not limited to the main restaurant.

The other complaints have been heard before, at other times and are easily dealt with at the time with a word to the appropriate persons on the cruise.

Also unless you get a number of similar complaints, you are looking at one persons perception of what is going on.

If the cruise had been that bad then all the cruise boards would have been inundated with complaints as would the papers.

I think you are safe to look forward to your cruise in 2009.

BTW I am green with envy.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Wow what a 1st post and what a name.

I few questions.

Was this your 1st cruise or have you cruised before?

I take if from you tone that the smoking thing really did get to you maybe its time to quit!

If you have done your homework Aurora has always had a bad reputation regarding food it seems to go back to all the problems with Aurora from some time ago.

What did you expect them to do with the food???!!!!

In my opinion and someone who has stayed at a number of 5 star hotels around the world, the food on ships and including P&O ships is very good. I never expect it to be world class but then some people of the wrong expectations about food. I know some fellow cruisers that sailed with Cunard and they really did not rate the food compared to P&O. I sailed with RCI last year and was very unimpressed with the food but I still enjoyed it. I went with an open mind but found P&O better I would never go on to RCI board and slate the food as I found it good enough for a cruise holiday.

Staff around the pool hey it happens on every ship I agree it should not but maybe you should have reported the staff I would have done, when we sailed on the Arcadia we reported all of the dancers for taking up the sun beds.

In the great scheme of things you went round the World on a very comfortable cruise ship and the only thing that you can do is come on the board and moan. Why no mention of the stunning places you visited why no mention of the great people you meet on your journey???

I tell you why you are a typical cruise moaner!!!! Try sailing around the World on a travel Scope ship next time.

Dee,

Be very careful to take the experience of one cruiser before you become concerned about your upcoming world cruise.

Over on Cruise Connections P&O and on Crows Nest there have been a number of cruisers giving their running reports of their cruises with P&O and all have had a whale of a time. The main complaint here regarding the food could have been found out before the cruiser left, like most other cruise lines P&O have menus which repeat, but on each one there will be a choice of 5/6 main courses and each night you can have plain alternatives. There are also other venues for evening meals so the choice is not limited to the main restaurant.

The other complaints have been heard before, at other times and are easily dealt with at the time with a word to the appropriate persons on the cruise.

Also unless you get a number of similar complaints, you are looking at one persons perception of what is going on.

If the cruise had been that bad then all the cruise boards would have been inundated with complaints as would the papers.

I think you are safe to look forward to your cruise in 2009.

BTW I am green with envy.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hello Dai,

Thank you for your encouraging words - we really are looking forward to our 2009 adventure.

We will look at the other boards you mentioned.

We have cruised with P&O on 3 other occassions and have always really enjoyed the experience.

Previously we have found the crew, entertainment and food to be more than acceptable - possibly it's just a mind set and beleive you me we are going to make sure we have one outstanding experience and take the good with the not so good - sometimes it makes it more fun to have a few challenges to overcome.

Once agin thank you for putting us at ease.

Take care

Dee

Archived