How Formal is Formal?

rsp392

My DD always has lots of fancy dresses (roughly flower girl fancy) that she hardly ever has a chance to wear (thank you, grandma :rolleyes:), so she always brings them for formal nights. She loves the excuse to dress up! If your DD likes wearing a fancy dress, go with the flower girl outfit, there will be enough grown ups in tuxes/gowns and dressed up kids that she won't be out of place. On the other hand, if she doesn't like the flower girl dress, she wouldn't be out of place in a slightly more casual cotton dress either.

Have fun!

Great Thanks. All the girls are so cute. I discussed it with her last night and she said she wanted to wear her flower girl dress!

I was planning on packing a garment bag with our formal clothes - will they allow me to carry that on the plane? They used to way back before; but I don't know anymore (we haven't really traveled anywhere on a plane since we had our daughter).

I was planning on packing a garment bag with our formal clothes - will they allow me to carry that on the plane? They used to way back before; but I don't know anymore (we haven't really traveled anywhere on a plane since we had our daughter).

In my experience, whenever travelling in economy/coach we've had to check it like luggage - the one time I was allowed to carry it on we were in business class. You can likely check with your airline.

Sue

Archived