Renting Tuxes on board

santacap

Has anybody ever done this?

Do they do a good job of fitting them to the measurements sent in?

classic style?

Thanks in advance

I used to rent tuxes til I started cruising alot the bought one. To answer your question...yes they do a good job. Send hubby to get measured by a tailor in your twon. Slip him a couple of bucks for his time.

Order the tux ahead of time. (I think they have the # for the tux place in the FAQs section on the home page of Carnival) The same compant does it for all the lines. They are in Miami and they have the tux sent to the ship and they are put in your cabin. If there is any problem they can take care of it onboard. The only problem I ever had was a wrong shirt size and they brought me two of the right size...Try the tux on the first day to make sure the fit is correct.

They are a classic style.....

My DH does this when we cruise

You can print the measurement form and take it to any tux rental place to get filled in. I agree I usually tip them a few $$$ but most to not really charge for the service - just as if you were in an out of town wedding

We have always been pleased

oh yeah, he also rents the shoes but do not forget socks :)

I found it is cheaper to buy a tux than rent I have bought 5 tuxedos from lucky86 on ebay. The suits are very very nice and they have all sizes I bought 2 Zoot Suits tuxedos one for $110 and one for $99. My son bought an all white tux and a black pinstripe tux for $89 each and they have paid for themselves already by cruising twice and now I'm money ahead after the 3rd cruise. It may be something to look into.

Doug

ITo answer your question...yes they do a good job. Send hubby to get measured by a tailor in your twon. Slip him a couple of bucks for his time.

they have the tux sent to the ship and they are put in your cabin.

If there is any problem they can take care of it onboard.

I agree. They do a good job. My DH and twin sons always rent tuxes and they have always fit. My sons are teenagers (meaning tall and thin) and everything always fits well.

We have only rented tuxes when we were on the Conquest (2 times) and once they were in the cabins and once we had to pick them up at the shop on board.

You can't go wrong renting. You don't have to worry about packing and repacking them. It's great!

I've done it twice and yes, they do a good job. I'm a hard-to-fit "full-figured" guy, and there is plenty of adjustment in the pants waist and vest girth for final touches to the fit.

With Carnival going to "elegant nights" instead of "formal nights" you might see fewer tuxes, but I prefer to rent from them rather than have to pack a suit and dress shoes.

Hi,

I rent my tuxes with the Carnival Gift Shop. I have gone to my local Men's Wearhouse and gotten measured each time, (I am losing weight so I have to be measured each time). Then I call the Carnival Gift Shop and give them the measurements. When I board the ship, I go to the Formal shop and pick up my tux, shirt, shoes, etc. It also saves space in your suitcase!!

Lee:)

Archived