Disposable Water Proof Cameras....

It will be good for taking pictures of each other and capturing memories of what you see. Just don't start clicking at everything you see because you will run out of pictures quickly. Pictures of fish and coral etc. from a distance will not come out that great so wait for the close up. Sunshine will help your pictures as well. We used to use disposables and I have stacks and stacks of blue pictures with distant objects in them. Take people shots and close up fish pics because they are the ones you will enjoy and look at later. :)

Also, careful going any deeper than about 30 feet with them.

I'd keep them at 15ft because you'll just get blue beyond that anyway. Also if the visibilty in the water is good, like in the Bahamas, they're good for snorkel pictures but I'd never use these for dive pictures, the depth and pressure just don't work for them (rent a camera from a dive operation if you are going to dive and want picts).

Randall

then I have found Fuji to be about the best quality pictures.

Digital UW cameras are costly, but IMO actually cheaper in the long run.

No doubt, but having never snorkelled before, and not knowing if we will ever do it again, especially living so far away from good snorkelling waters... I do not want to invest in anything too expensive yet... we feel we have kind of gone over our budget already with having bought masks and snorkels.

I have used a couple of types prior to purchasing my digital & found the Fuji to produce the best colour.

You will find taking pictures with an UW disposable a bit of an art. Just remember, when you hit the button it will still take a half a second for it to acually take the picture. So keep traking the fish.

If you get any more than half a dozen good pitures on a roll then you have done fairly well, but these pictures will be worth it! Also, the sunny'r the day the better the snorkelling pictures.

I hope this helps & have fun!

Dan

I have used a couple of types prior to purchasing my digital & found the Fuji to produce the best colour.

You will find taking pictures with an UW disposable a bit of an art. Just remember, when you hit the button it will still take a half a second for it to acually take the picture. So keep traking the fish.

If you get any more than half a dozen good pitures on a roll then you have done fairly well, but these pictures will be worth it! Also, the sunny'r the day the better the snorkelling pictures.

I hope this helps & have fun!

Dan

Thank you Dan for the advise... and yes I do plan to have fun... that is what the cruise and excursion are all about.

Mark

Archived