Evening Wear Planner - Infinity to Alaska

Justanut

I know this is a case of over-planning, but I'm trying to map out each day as I plan what to pack. Our itinerary is:

• Friday - Depart Seattle 4:00 p.m.
  • Saturday - At Sea
  • Sunday - Sitka 10:00 a.m. - 6:00
  • Monday - Hubbard Glacier Cruising
  • Tuesday - Juneau - 7:00 a.m. - 3:00
  • Wednesday - Ketchikan - 7:00 a.m. - 1:00
  • Thursday - Victoria - 7:00 p.m. - 11:59 p.m.

We have 3 casual, 2 informal & 2 formal evenings. Does anyone know which nights are which?

Any suggestions on how to make this REALLY easy? Ex: Mix & Match, type of fabric that packs easier, etc.

(It seems that men might have it a little easier. Dark suit with tie, dark suit without tie, dark suit with jacket, dark suit without jacket...you get the picture.)

We really travel light....for formal evenings I have some black crepe wide leg palazzo pants and a very dressy beaded jacket. I use that for all formal evenings. I pair the pants with a nice dressy blouse/top for the informal evenings. For casual wear I have a nice dark linen suit (black) and wear a nice white tee and scarf.

I do not have a seperate outfit for each of the catagories. I wear each outift multiple times. (There is cleaning service on the ship).

Then...remember for Alaska you will also need shore clothing.:eek: That takes up most of my one suitcase...a medium size wheelie.

Archived